Thursday, May 9, 2013

Orly Sea Gurl

Last month In March, I inserted a poll on the blog with four different brands and asked you which of those brands you'd like to see for a month. You guys chose Orly, which made me really happy because I have lots of love for the brand. I think I wore more Orlys before I started blogging, so having the chance to wear and show you some for a month will be nice.

I feel like I'm starting out with what you probably think is a really unexciting polish, but I love it so much! This is Sea Gurl, from Fall 2011's Birds of a Feather collection -- I blogged Fowl Play last summer and found it to be fairly meh, so I'm pleased with this one.

I MEAN, you know how I feel about metallic polishes.




Yeah, that sounds about right.




Three coats with SV.









DEAR. GAWD. Next to Fowl Play and Sweet Peacock, Sea Gurl probably didn't have a decent shot at getting on most people's radars. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, then I decided to buy it in case I changed my mind. I wasn't too keen on it after polishing one hand, but a day later, I'm all about it. Good thing I got it!

This color is an interesting combination of gold, pewter, and taupe -- with the metallic finish, it almost resembles burnished jewelry, doesn't it? Actually, I would classify this as RBL Ghost's taupe/pewter sister.

The formula was good, too. It wasn't brushstrokey, applied well, and was opaque in two coats. Dry time was quick with SV, and I haven't had much in the way of tip wear in the past day.

Blogging Sea Gurl means I have three Birds of a Feather polishes left: Sweet Peacock, Nite Owl and Lucky Duck. Sweet Peacock is DEFINITELY HAPPENING this month. Next week? Week after? I'm a little hazy on when exactly, but keep an eye out for that. :)

Any thoughts you'd like to share on Sea Gurl? Birds of a Feather? Metallic polishes? Your favorite Orlys? Perhaps you'll see some of them on this blog in the coming days!

I had something else I wanted to say, but I had the worst time concentrating on anything yesterday. I bought the wrong stamps at the post office, had to go back and exchange them, and then drove the wrong way down a one-way street I've driven down a million times (luckily, no one else was there). I also decided to bake more brownies with the box mix I bought last week, and for some reason I poured the batter over parchment paper which I'd greased on top of the tray. IDEK what that was about, but those brownies, once baked, were not fun to remove. When I finally sat down in front of the computer to write this post (because I couldn't find my "Dexter" DVDs), I thought I would reply to comments and somehow ended up in a Youtube music video black hole of awesomeness. Here's the last vid I got stuck on.




One of my favorite songs (from one of my favorite Steve Martin movies), played by two of my favorite WGWGs. --Well, technically, one WGWG and a WGWUkulele. And, granted, JoCo isn't just any WGWG. ;)

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you with a drive-by post tomorrow. I really hope I can focus enough after work to get that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.