Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Long Haul: May 2013

Of all the polish I purchased this month, I only regret buying two of them. Of course, the goal is not to have buyer's remorse, period, but sometimes shit happens.

The rules: If I bought other items at one store along with polish, I won't include the tax, just the total amount I spent on polish. Additionally, swaps or anything I bought as a gift for someone else won't figure into this and won't count.

Notes: Do you guys even care about seeing haul pictures?, because I give up. If I can't make something happen after five months, I probably can't do it.


MAY 2: Pretty Serious - TOTAL: $25.95 (USD)
  • Daphne's Birthday Party - $9.95 AUD
  • Elliot - $9.95 AUD

MAY 3: Target wedding run - TOTAL: $1.19
  • NYC Tudor City Teal - $1.19

MAY 6: Beauty supply drive by ... seriously, IDEK how I arrived at the total, but that's what I paid - TOTAL: $14
  • China Glaze Kinetic Candy - $3?
  • China Glaze Nasty - $3?
  • Essie Avenue Maintain - $4?
  • Essie In the Cabana - $4?

MAY 10: Pahlish haul - TOTAL: $41
  • Little Caroline - $9
  • Lonesome Ocean - $9
  • Pianos Filled With Flames - $9
  • Still Alive - $9

MAY 10: Llarowe haul - TOTAL: $44.60
  • Contrary Polish Santorini - $11
  • CrowsToes Purple People Eater - $9
  • HARE polish King of Carat Flowers - $11
  • Pretty Serious Mummy Mush - $10 

MAY 17: CVS run - TOTAL: $8.92
  • Orly Lollipop - $4.25
  • Orly Rage - $4.25

MAY 22: Dollar Tree run - TOTAL $3.00
  • Sinful Colors Boom Boom
  • Sinful Colors Dazzle
  • Sinful Colors Forget Now

MAY 22: Wags run - TOTAL: $11.94
  • Sinful Colors Anchors Away - $1.99
  • Sinful Colors Cross My Heart - $1.99
  • Sinful Colors Into the Blue - $1.99
  • Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend - $1.99
  • Sinful Colors New Wave - $1.99
  • Sinful Colors Sail La Vie - $1.99

MAY 27: CVS Shark Week run - TOTAL: $1.32
  • Milani Sail Away (clearance!)


MAY TOTAL: $151.92
2013 TOTAL: $1147.42


Next month may be a bit skint -- I'm saving mah moneys for some really exciting summertime things! A friend of mine is coming to stay with me for a few days, so of course I'm going to give her a grand tour of Central VA. I'm hoping to squeeze in a quick trip to NYC in July, my friends and I just started planning our friend's bridal shower that month, and I need to get my bridesmaid gown hemmed -- basically, I have EVERY REASON to not buy nail polish. I'm trying not to spend mah dollars on material things, but rather, on experiences. (Unless I get to NYC. And then there WILL be polish.) WE'LL SEE HOW THAT GOES.

8 comments:

  1. i would never keep track of my polish spending with actual dollar values. i am sure the totals would horrify me. but this seems pretty reasonable. which ones did you regret?

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I can document my spending patterns, and I think I'm going to match my total into my savings.

      The regrets were Pianos Filled With Flames and Purple People Eater, but of course, I haven't tried them yet.

      Delete
  2. Mehhh, haul pictures are a pain in the butt. I don't blame you for not wanting to do 'em. I may or may not have bought Tudor City Teal as well :P It's such a cute color. I can't wait to see Santorini and King of Carat Flowers on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you totally sold me on King of Carat Flowers! And if you have any more Contrary posts ... please keep them coming. ;)

      I really hope Tudor City Teal isn't a PITA to work with. I heard it was kind of watery?

      Delete
  3. Yay for King of Carat Flowers! May I suggest stopping off at your local JCP with a Sephora location (if you have one of course), cause some of them have Illamasqua on clearance for $4.00! Not enabling here at all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so happy I have that HARE now. :)

      I have been known to be unable to resist a great clearance deal. Eek.

      Delete
  4. Dude I hate haul posts-I think theyre stupid. Why do I want to see bottles of what you bought? Show me swatches!!! I am so glad I'm not totalling up my purchases since I just spent $230 on holos last week, I'd be about as broke as your amount here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I like seeing pictures on other blogs and especially when I was on MUA. It's a personal preference vs. time issue.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.