Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Another photobomb: nails inc. Baker Street

So, Baker Street. You know the drill: insanely fun to wear, not so much to photograph. Luckily, roughly a zillion posts about this polish have been circulating for the past year now, so even if you don't own it, you have a good idea of what it looks like. These photos are the best I could get, which is a little scary.




Three coats with SV.






I don't need to talk about the incredible color because really, it makes me die. If you own it, you're familiar with these feels. It's great, totally chic, etc., etc. Let's talk about the not-so-fun stuff instead.

... such as the formula. Although I purchased this and other nails inc. polishes a loooooooong time ago, Baker Street was my first experience applying wearing the brand. This was slightly more watery and uneven than most true cremes are on the first coat, so I needed a second one for opacity. And then I still wasn't happy, so I added a third coat. If this had been thicker like most cremes, I actually would have stopped at two. But if this is the worst problem I had with Baker Street, then that's a pretty good problem to have.

I got great dry time and wear out of this -- minimal tip wear after three days, and tiny chips on the usual chip-prone fingers. I wore this five days in all, and by then I had some pretty bad chips, however ... after I removed it, I was tempted to reapply it. This color is THAT GOOD.

The best place to snag Baker Street is online at Sephora, although some stores do carry the line. You have to check. It's $9.50 and worth every penny.

In short: If you love blue, you need this. If you're a nail blogger ... you better hope you have a good camera or Photoshop, because this is what you get.

The name Baker Street reminds me of one of THE GREATEST Disney animated features OF ALL TIME (which was based on a children's series by Eve Titus; never read it. Maybe I should):




And this episode of "Happy Endings":




It's from Season 2, and it's called "Cocktails & Dreams." In case you didn't know, the name of that sax number is ... yeah, "Baker Street." (Google it.) This episode is why everyone needs to incorporate the phrase "he's Freddy Kruegering us in our dreams with sex" in her/his lexicon, and why I no longer can think about Freddy Krueger -- or Fran Sinclair -- without laughing hysterically.

2 comments:

  1. Dammit, I need Baker Street.

    I haven't gotten to this episode but now I'm bouncing on my chair with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you do!

      OH GOD SEASON TWO IS FULL OF WIN. You will looooooove.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.