Thursday, June 20, 2013

LATE Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Wet n Wild Mega Last 2% Milk

This post may be mega ultra late, although hopefully it's better than the previous one.

The past couple of weeks have been a weird combination of Real Life, crankiness and the loss of my ability to GAF about anything that wasn't related to (1) my bridesmaid/bridal shower duties and (2) TV. I caught up with "Dexter," and I'm working on "Breaking Bad" right now. Plus, the "Hannibal" season finale is tonight and I'm just not emotionally ready for that.


(source: WeKnowMemes)

This .gif may be the best thing to come out of those dumbass flop "prequels". --That, and the seemingly endless press Ewan McGregor was doing at the time. He will never not be one of my favorites.


Basically, I didn't feel like blogging. And after next week, I really won't know what my timetable will look like, so please continue to bear with me. I'll make it up to you!

Anyway, 2% Milk. Steff caused a minor frenzy when she blogged this polish almost a year ago. After that post, a bunch of my friends who didn't have it suddenly HAD TO HAVE IT. I lucked into it a couple of months ago when I got it as a swap extra. Why, WHY DIDN'T I GET THIS SOONER?!




Three coats with SV.









To quote Madeline, "Behold, the perfect milky sheer." So accurate. I'm not sure what's going on with me and these peachy/beigey sheers lately, but I'm not hating.

You know that scene in "Anchorman" with Ron Burgundy's pleated, erm, optical illusion? This polish had a similar effect in that it was very difficult for me to act like I wasn't impressed. I was SO IMPRESSED. For one thing, the formula is amazeballs for a milky sheer. No streaks, no waiting five hundred years in between coats, fast dry time and nearly a week of perfect wear (this was my NOTD at the beginning of last week). I mean, between last year's OPI NYC Ballets and this polish, I think I've found my benchmark for milky sheers. Other companies must wish they could make some that are this good!

2% Milk retails for $1.99 at drugstores and places like Five Below. $1.99 doesn't exactly break the bank, but if you'd rather save your pennies, hold out for a Wet n Wild promo and you'll be able to pick this up for almost nothing.

Y'all, I can't even play right now ... JUST BUY THIS POLISH.

I'll have another Skinny Dipping post next month, and *knock on wood* that should be on time. I'm not sure when Anna's post is going up, but be sure to visit Business Lady Polish to find out when. Thanks for reading (and not abandoning me completely) -- I appreciate it! :)

12 comments:

  1. I have this polish but haven't worn it yet. I mainly got it after seeing so many bloggers using it for jelly sandwiches, which I've never done before. I should definitely pull it out soon. It's a nice color. I know what you mean about blogging. I haven't posted anything polish related in a while! I've been a little burned out on it, but also just busy with work. I'm hoping to post something by next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pull it out soon!

      Didn't you just get a puppy, though? I'm sorry, but puppy >>>> polish. He won't be a puppy forever! The polish and the blog will always be there.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's very true. He's been taking up a lot of my time, but I don't mind when it comes to him. I love it.

      Delete
    3. Ugh, I'm so jealous. :) Enjoy the puppy days, and take LOTS of pictures. (And totally post a few for us!)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a lovely naked-nails-but-better polish.

    Don't feel bad, I don't feel like blogging ether. I don't remember when my last post was, and my life has been crazy busy with work! Doesn't help that I feel like I've lost my mojo again (for the twenty hundredth time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And the best part is -- I can't believe I didn't say so in my post -- it looks good on aaaaaaaaall skin tones. :D

      Hope you're hanging in there and at least getting some overtime! And how is your dog doing?

      Delete
    2. Ugg, I hate overtime! Except for the money of course....I'd rather just have the money though, without the extra work. LOL.

      Harvey's doing ok. His heart seems stable, but he's really showing his age. It makes me sad. :(

      Delete
    3. :( Sending lots of love y'alls way. <333

      Delete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING ON YOU. I don't know what witchcraft Wet n Wild was workin' for this polish but any goat sacrifice was hella worth it because FLAW. LESS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This deserves some WHITE CAP!!! For sparkle and since it is the summer of WHITE CAP ALL THE THINGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you're right. I'll have to WC it next time! :D

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.