Friday, June 21, 2013

Summertime color blocking experiment

When I'm not telling myself to White Cap ALL THE THINGS, I've been wanting "summertime on my nails," whatever that means.

I've done the accent nail and skittle thing before, but I've never tried full-on color blocking. However, I wanted to wear Essie Peach Daiquiri and Wet n Wild Waves of Enchantment at the same time, and color blocking seemed like the obvious answer.




Three coats of both polishes + NYC Grand Central Station.






And here's my right hand ...





Fuuuuuuuuuun, yes? I've been wearing this for a day now, and I'm pretty happy with it for a weekend look. This actually reminds me of a mani Eileen would have done .. only I did the lame version of it, haha.

Both polishes had awesome formulas and dry times, and I like them together way more than I thought I would. They're great summertime shades. Peach Daiquiri is core in both the salon and retail Essie lines, although Waves of Enchantment is a little harder to track down these days. I can't believe it's been two years since Mermaid's Cove! ... anyway, I never wanted Waves of Enchantment until a couple of months ago, and I got my bottle from Steph's Closet Store.

Not feeling particularly chatty right now, since I'm coming down from the "Hannibal" season finale. --That finale, yo. I understand how someone would find it anticlimactic compared to the rest of the season; I do think having all the loose ends come together the way they did was more powerful than, say, having the team go after another serial killer. Anyway, you better believe I'm going to put the DVD release date in my calendar as soon as I know what it'll be. 2014, you're too far away!

Was this color blocking experiment a fail or a win? Do you have any suggestions for future color blocking manis?

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Whew, this is a fun weekend mani! Love it Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GOOD. And Peach Daiquiri is hot!

    Still having nightmares about the stag man/wendigo. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS. Do you have it???

      I actually think Mr. Wendigo wouldn't have been out of place on "Game of Thrones."

      Delete
  3. I have to wait until this afternoon to watch the Hannibal finale. I'M DYING. :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that wet n wild color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I love it, too. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.