Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Long Haul: June 2013

This month started out innocently enough. But then $OPIs went on clearance, and I did a bad, bad thing. I realize some of those babies might pop up at TJ Maxx in a few weeks? months?, but I don't care. I bought a few back-ups, and everything I thought about getting but never did.

The rules: If I bought other items at one store along with polish, I won't include the tax, just the total amount I spent on polish. Additionally, swaps or anything I bought as a gift for someone else won't figure into this and won't count.

Notes: If I pick up anything before the end of the month, ofc I'll edit this post.


JUNE 3: TJ Maxx visit, Barielle Heavenly Blues 5-pack - TOTAL: $7.99
  • Snow Day
  • Swizzle Stick
  • Surf's Up
  • Falling Star
  • Sky's the Limit

JUNE 4: CVS run w/ SH coupon ($4 off) - TOTAL: $3.99
  • Sally Hansen CSM Blue My Mind - $7.99

JUNE 4: Dolla Dolla Tree, y'all - TOTAL: $4
  • Color Mates Disco Fever - $1
  • Sinful Colors Beverly Hills - $1
  • Sinful Colors Morph Orleans - $1
  • Sinful Colors Nicole - $1

JUNE 9: Nail Polish Enthusiast blog sale - TOTAL: $27
  • China Glaze Elephant Walk - $5
  • Lynnderella Forget You Not - $22

JUNE 13: Polishsale - TOTAL: $24.99 (USD)
  • Dior Mango

JUNE 14: Sephora by OPI haul - TOTAL: $56.70
  • Bright as a Feather - $4.50
  • Domestic Goddess - $4.50
  • G-listen to Your Heart - $4.50
  • Is it Payday Yet? - $4.50
  • Mermaid to Order - $4.50
  • Ocean Love Potion (back up x2) - $4.50
  • Read My Palm (back up x2 ... what ... I love this polish) - $4.50
  • Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild - $4.50
  • Traffic Stopper Copper - $4.50
  • Under My Trench Coat - $4.50

JUNE 19: Pinterest blog sale - TOTAL: $11
  • butter LONDON Keks

JUNE 23: Wags run - TOTAL: $1.99
  • Sinful Colors Tidal Wave

JUNE 24: Wags Rx run - TOTAL: $5.99
  • Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Royal Icing (SRP $6.99, had $1 coupon)

JUNE 27: Blog sale + shipping from Ireland - TOTAL: $35.25
  • Chanel Graphite - $15
  • Lynnderella Boy-Girl Party - $15


JUNE TOTAL: $178.90
2013 TOTAL: $1326.32


Final observations: OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH and DAMN YOU, SEPHORA.

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to the mall today and I'm definitely stopping by Sephora. I have my eye on 212-Sephora and Looks Like Rain Dear. I've wanted both of those forever. I might even get Traffic Stopper Copper just because. I saw a Barielle pack at my TJ Maxx about a week ago but it didn't have anything I really wanted. If I saw Falling Star, I would have snatched that up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep checking the Sephora site, too -- they update their stock every couple days!

      Hope you can find it. $8 for 5 Barielles was too much for me to resist! :)

      Delete
    2. I actually went to TJ Maxx on the way to the mall and I found a set containing Falling Star! I was so happy. At Sephora I got Looks Like Rain Dear, Mauve-ie Star In The Making, and Traffic Stopper Copper. 212- Sephora was out of stock and so was another I wanted, I'm With Brad. Too bad my bottle of Mauve-ie Star In The Making broke after falling on the ground when I got home. I was so sad. I will be going back for a new bottle because it is gorgeous.

      Delete
    3. Yay! Sorry your bottle of Mauve-ie Star broke, but at least you can snag another one. :D

      Delete
  2. Dude, Falling Star?!? What a score! Gah I love that polish! And is that a texture polish I see up there?!? Hmm....interesting! : )

    And how can you compile a list when June isn't even over yet? Cheater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually also have Zoya Destiny (PixieDust!!!) but I haven't tried it yet.

      I always edit the post if I end up buying something, don't worry.

      Delete
  3. OMG I wish you had never started this keeping score thing. It just makes me realize how crazy much money I'm spending on polish!!! And the Rescue Beauty Lounge comes out tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually a little horrified at these numbers myself. But sometimes you have to take a good, long look and assess your habits, and this is helping me do that.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.