Friday, June 7, 2013

Zoya Amy

Generally, any post published on this blog at 9 or 10 a.m. is a scheduled post. I woke up on Tuesday at around 9:20, saw that my Fannibal post had gone up, and thought, "GODDAMMIT, I should have titled the post 'THIS IS MY DESIGN.'"

You live, you learn.

Later that day, a huge chunk of purple chipped off my right index finger while I was scraping a sticker off a box, so it was time to do my nails again. And after wearing lovely, cool purple awesomeness for five days, I wanted a warmer color but couldn't make a decision, so I shot Anna a text: "Red, orange or gold?"

NGL, I was kiiiiind of surprised that she chose orange, but I was psyched to break out Zoya Amy. --I know, me wearing something from a current seasonal collection? What IS that?


The other beer I took home from B's. 
I love lambics, but this was TOO raspberry for me.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








A lot of people have been wondering whether Amy is a dupe for China Glaze Riveting. Unless finishes are important to you, I don't think it is; Amy is more of a foil, while Riveting is more of a glass fleck. As far as color goes, they're pretty close. I can't find my bottle of Riveting (I need to deep clean my room so much), but I'm willing to wager that Amy has more of a sunburnt and rusty feel, plus more golden shimmer. And for those of you who are wondering which one I'd keep if it came down it, I'd probably go with Riveting -- alhtough Amy's golden shimmer is perfect for summer and probably would go great with a tan. ;) Amy is currently taming my desire for butter LONDON Sunbaker, which I believe is even rustier, though I haven't laid eyes on it in person, so don't quote me on that.

(Side note: I don't understand the craze behind tanning, but then I take great, occasionally borderline Nicole Kidman-esque measures to stay as pale as possible. When my family visited the motherland last year, I even wore a similar hat. My parents laughed at me and my dad said -- and I quote -- "Hats are for tourists and Korean ladies." HA HA HA. No offense. It's just that every Korean lady I've ever seen in the motherland was remarkably pale.)

Amy's formula and application were perfect and required no clean-up (I KNOW!). It was opaque after two coats, but it looked richest at three. Dry time was fast, and it's only gotten a little bit of tip wear in the past two days.

You can find Amy fairly easily right now, since it's a current release from the Irresistible half of Zoya's 2013 summer collection; it's $8 on the Art of Beauty site. My bottle was part of my Zoya Exchange order a couple of months ago along with one other Irresistible polish. I've been avoiding going to Ulta, so I haven't seen the Stunning & Irresistible polishes in person, but based on the swatches I've seen, they aren't interesting to me.

Any opinions on Amy or orange metallics for summer? (I'm LOVING this trend!) Anyone else find Stunning & Irresistible not quite so ... stunning or irresistible? Most importantly, does this polish seem particularly Amy-esque to you? I don't know, but I like it.

Fun fact: I was named for another Rachel whose childhood/family nickname was Amy. Now that I think about it, I've always been partial to the name Amy ... but I wonder if this might be why.

This polish, however, reminds me of another Amy. Gosh, how on earth did I ever make this connection?




I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Series 7 because deep down, I know I'm going to get pissed off, but I'll probably get to it later. I enjoyed the heck out of Series 5, though. Maybe I'll rewatch it after I get through "Dexter" ...

Oh my God. I just remembered I ordered Zoya Rory in my Exchange haul. !!! BRB, MUST FIND IT. NU!WHO OTP 4EVR. (Besides Jack/everybody, of course.)

12 comments:

  1. I'm loving this orange trend as well!! Impatiently waiting for Zoya to have a sale so I can get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaay! Dude, this polish is so good. Tooooootally worth it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this polish. And now youre getting a Rory. Nerds Unite LMAO-L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Landa! As soon as I remembered I had Rory ... it was ON LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT "WRITING" A BREAK-UP SONG.

      Delete
  3. I was just scrolling through this post and Ben enthusiastically told me that he likes that color. I second that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben has great taste. But you know this! <3

      Delete
  4. Such an Amy-zing color. God, I kill myself! Lol. But go reals, its stunning! Oh, lol....stunning... like the collection! I'm on a roll!

    Since you don't like stouts, do you like all the hard ciders out now? I love me a good hard cider! I don't think I've actually tried that Shock Top before, I don't think I've actually ever seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO PUNSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSS.

      I ... take some of that back. I donut like stouts that aren't Guinness! I enjoy regular old Woodchuck, and my sister brought home a few "gluten free" ciders at Christmas, but I forgot what they were. Any recommendations???

      Delete
    2. Angry Orchard seems to be my favorite for hard ciders, but don't expect to get drunk with them. Not quite enough alcohol in there to give me a buzz.

      I'm tellin ya though, make some summer beer, you will thank me for it later. BEST.ALCOHOLIC.DRINK.EVER! You get drunk quick, and guess what? No hangover! It's super easy. 4 cheap beers (Bud Light), frozen pink lemonade concentrate, and then when you empty the lemonade into a pitcher, fill the can with cheap vodka. Seriously, it's great! And I HATE vodka with a passion....can't taste it!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing this, LOL. I'm gonna try this before summer is over! I will be sure to report back to you. :)

      Delete
  5. I, too, wear a hat like that whenever I am outside because I am the whitest person on the planet and I am LITERALLY ALLERGIC TO THE SUN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I would enjoy the sun more if I didn't have awful skin or one too many extra pounds of fat. MAYBE.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.