Monday, June 10, 2013

Zoya Rory

I blogged Zoya Amy on Friday, and because I'm a big old "Doctor Who"-lovin' nerd, I removed it as soon as I got home from work so I could wear Rory. Twooooooo wuv, etc.


(source; the link is a bit spoilery if you haven't seen Series 6-onwards)


I gotta tell you, it was a small challenge to find a non-derpy AND non-spoilery picture of everyone's favorite time-traveling nurse. But really, he's the best.

This polish, on the other hand ...




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








Not the most unflattering shade I've ever worn, but unfortunately, also not my favorite.

I have no idea what the heck kind of pink Rory is, so I'm going to borrow from Willam and scream "IT'S FUCKIN' PINK." (With slightly mauve tones and prominent silver foil shimmer.) I do think the silver sort of ages Rory a bit -- maybe a coral or even a gold shimmer would have made this 10x more interesting.

The formula was a little thick, but I think I've come to expect it from the Zoya Surf shades (except for Kimber, because it's not a proper foil). You can get this done in two coats, but I'd wait a couple minutes in between coats so you won't have any dragging. Rory dried quickly with Wicked Fast; for some reason I topped it with NYC Grand Central Station on my right hand and dry time was nearly the same. Wear was good, too. No chips and barely visible tip wear after two days. Nice.

But DAMN. This is the third Zoya Surf polish I haven't liked -- someone (Madeline) tell me I won't hate Zuza! Rory's still quite ETF since it only came out last summer, so wait until there's a Zoya sale or see if you can get it on the cheaps at a beauty supply.

What do you guys have to say about Rory? Zoya Surf shades? "Doctor Who"/the Ponds? Amy and Rory may not be destined to be together in my stash, but that's quite all right -- this polish is something I think my mom would wear on her toes, so Rory will live across the hall with her.

I'll just leave you with this:




I dunno about you, but *I* would. --Wait 2k years for the dorky white boy of mah dreeeeeeeams, that is.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your week. I'll try to catch up with you guys mid-week, but I have a couple of not-so-fun obligations, so I'm not making any promises. :/

8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this one didn't work for my skintone ether. Whatever kinda pink this is, it doesn't work with the yellow tones in my skin. Sad cause I really like it in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sads, because I really liked it when I tried it on one nail. I ended up gifting this to one of my friends, so I hope she likes it more than we did!

      Delete
  2. I like it!!! And I loved Amy!!! And since I don't have Amy I am sporting Riveting today :). All your fault! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God. I'm so late responding to this, but Riveting is amazeballs and I am so glad I influenced you to wear it! ;)

      Delete
  3. I donut really like this on you, which means I should probably try it. I feel like the mauve really comes out on your skintone and looks kind of grandma.

    Zuza is perfection and if you don't like it, I don't even know what I'll do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THAT IS IT EXACTLY. The grandma part, I mean! *Twilight Zone music*

      Oh man. I'm gonna wear Zuza before the end of the summer. I'm almost scared to find out whether I like it or not.

      Delete
  4. This is a pretty shade, but it's not for me either. I don't own it but I don't think I'd like it on me. I'm not the biggest fan of pink polish to begin with, but sometimes I love them. It really depends on the color though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Yeah, it depends on the pink, but this definitely wasn't my favorite.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.