Sunday, July 7, 2013

Terrible 2

Two years ago today, I took the plunge into nail blogging and shared some terrible photos of Chanel Riva with the Internet. Here's one of them:


In my defense, Chanel bottles haven't gotten any easier to pose with.


God, aren't those pictures HILARIOUS?

I've been away all week, so I don't have current NOTD photos to show! And as luck would have it, I came down with a *lovely* summer cold on Friday afternoon, so playing catch-up might take me a while. This makes me a little antsy, because I have so many fun things I want to share! >:(

As a peace offering, enjoy one of the two decent shots I got at drag brunch last Sunday. I forgot this queen's name and the song she was doing (shame on me!):




If you're fortunate to live in a city with a venue that does drag brunches, GO. IMMEDIATELY. And don't forget to bring LOTS of $1 bills.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading this blog for the past two years! At risk of sounding like Mr. Rogers, I'm glad we can spend a little time together every week. I'm not going to say I wouldn't be here without you, but things would be a lot less fun! I've scored so many polishes I didn't think I would ever get, I'm continuing to learn a little bit about web design and the mechanics of blogs, I'm learning to take better pictures, and I've made so many friendships with other bloggers and MUAers who make me wish I lived closer to them. (Special shout out to Danielle, my Twitter book club partner, without whom I probably would have read only one book this year. Thanks to the club, I've read three and we're starting our fourth. Reading has been a struggle lately.)

Not too shabby for someone whose hobby is buying nail polish and posting cell phone pictures of them, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I think I have followed you since sometime shortly after your started. Pretty sure I found you via a lady who no longer blogs ... cannot recall her name now..think she was out of San Francisco area possibly and was finishing up her schooling - she did really nice, clean nail art...I miss her and cannot think of her name but she was a regular devoted daily blogger. Love your drag brunch - never heard of 'em and sure don't have 'em in my tiny neck of the woods (Big Sur area south of Carmel in the Redwoods).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) Yeah, I feel like drag brunch is a "bigger city" type of thing, which is weird, because I don't feel like my city is THAT big.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.