Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Long Haul: August 2013

A huge part of the reason I only spent a measly whopping total of $6.99 on polish last month was because I was crafting intensely for my friend's bridal shower. My mantra was this: If I can't eat it or it didn't come from a craft store, I can't haz it.

This month, I should have been saving up more for our bachelorette trip to Kentucky (where I'll be when this post goes up!), buuuuuuut I have this tiny problem where I either eat or buy my feelings, and apparently I was frustrated enough on the 14th and the 20th to pick up a few small thangs.

The rules: If I bought other items at one store along with polish, I won't include the tax, just the total amount I spent on polish. Additionally, swaps or anything I bought as a gift for someone else won't figure into this and won't count.

Notes: Let me know if there's anything you want to see on the blog in September. I'll do my best to post it, although I'm starting to favor seasonally appropriate polishes because fall is my favorite.


AUGUST 11: Sally's ... - TOTAL: $25.03
  • Instant Artificials - $7.69
  • Gelous - $5.39
  • China Glaze Dance Baby - $4.99
  • Sally card renewal - $5

AUGUST 11: Target - TOTAL: $9.95
  • L'Oreal Members Only - $2.48 (clearance) 
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Perfect Pear-ing - $2.49
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pinch of Punch - $2.49
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pink-Grape Fruit - $2.49

AUGUST 14: SpaRitual Full of Life - TOTAL: $4.20 

AUGUST 18: Rite-Aid - TOTAL: $13.97
  • Julie G - Hot Cinnamon - $3.99
  • Julie G - Shark's Cove - $3.99
  • Revlon Brilliant Strength Tantalize - $5.99 (orig. $7.99, had $2 off coupon)

AUGUST 19: Ulta run - TOTAL: $7.36 (redeemed $3 in points)
  • Essence Colour & Go Walk on the Wild Side - $0.99
  • OPI Peace Love and OPI - $9

AUGUST 20: CVS run - TOTAL: $17.96
  • Sally Hansen CSM Loden Green - $7.99
  • Sally Hansen CSM New Wave Blue - $7.99
  • Wet n Wild Wildshine Listening to Blue Reed - $0.99
  • Wet n Wild Wildshine Stand the Test of Lime - $0.99

AUGUST 29: Road trip run - $3.94
  • Cover Girl Outlast Forever Frosted - $4.94 (without $1 coupon)

AUGUST 31: Target run - $9.53
  • OPI Gargantuan Green Grape - $8.99


AUGUST TOTAL: $91.94
2013 TOTAL: $1425.25


I thought I did worse than this, but I must have been confusing my polish totals with some other indulgences: an almost $10 e-book to read on my tablet, the ~$40 I dropped at Old Navy last Sunday and the "Orphan Black" Season 1 DVD on Monday, sooooooo ... oop @ me. And I've been pretty guilty of piling up on take-out and fast food lately -- no bueno. :(

Anyhoo, sorry if my fixation with money is getting on your nerves or making you become uncomfortably aware of your own habits ... I've decided what I'm going to do when I post my total for 2013, though, and I'm really excited.

8 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I actually just posted my haul for July/August, plus I have another to post from my vacation, and I did so much damage to my wallet, it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I just saw your post, and yeah ... the damage always hurts so good. Ooooooooooops.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, Blue Reed. Still funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I only bought that for the name. And then I started singing "Perfect Day" to myself.

      Delete
  3. I want to see the texture! I want to see texture on Rach!!

    Yay for Orphan Black. We recently got into that one, and sped through all the seasons in a couple weeks. We are now marathoning through Luther. Mmm....Idris Elba....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'll see what I can do!

      You're probably further ahead with "Luther" than I am! He is so great, I can't stand it.

      Delete
    2. Yup, we finished all the available episodes of Luther and Dexter (we mean business when we do marathons, lol). Rex is trying to find anything he can now, so we have something to watch. Not a whole lot on OnDemand at the moment. One Dexter ends, we will cancel Showtime and get HBO to watch GoT... and I really want to watch The White Queen, that looks like my kind of show.

      Delete
    3. I love how srs bidnuss you guys are with the marathons, LOL. You sound like you enjoy the dramatic programs ... have you looked into "Broadchurch"??????

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.