Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Super late Skinny Dipping (With Friends): OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!

Hello, friends! I'm super behind on blog things (comments on this blog, comments on other blogs, emails, etc.) because my internet was down this weekend, and by the time it was back up, my GAF just kind of ... disappeared. There's a lot going on -- mostly very fun things -- but life is completely messing with the ol' attention span, especially since one of my best friends ties the knot in TEN days. I'm still deciding on a bridesmaid mani, and finally ordered OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! in a birthday haul, so let's see if it's a good candidate.

Also, I'm not sure how I managed to go all summer without a white manicure, so does this count? Sorry if mine are not the greatest photos! This polish was harder to capture than I thought it would be (at least, it was, with the time I had).




Four coats with SV.








SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm not sure why I did four coats of this polish because it's opaque at three ... I completely zoned out while doing this swatch. On the bright side, the dry time was super fast and the formula was really amazing for a sheer, and, as Naz said, it will make your nails look SO good even if you have "this ~gorgeous~ yellow gradient thing goin' on." Basically, what I'm saying is that you have NO EXCUSE not to get this polish. I don't know why it took me so long! If you are looking for an amazing white sheer, this probably is the easiest one to get.

I'm sure you know that Don't Touch My Tutu! is from last spring's amazeballs OPI NYC Ballet collection. Utterly. Amazeballs. (Check out Care to Danse? from last month's Skinny Dipping post!) I picked up You Callin' Me A Lyre? in this particular haul, too, so now my OPI NYC Ballet collection is complete! \o/ However, I think I'll take a break from blogging them in my Skinny Dipping posts because I like a little variety, so you probably won't see them here for a while.

Whatcha think? Is this an appropriate end-of-summer white, or an even better bridesmaid mani option? Part of me is entertaining the idea of wearing Barre My Soul or even Steady As She Rose because, eh, why not.

Before I sign off, here's a little insight as to why things are going to be crazy bananas in the next few weeks:
  • Mayer Hawthorne: tonight!
  • "Hannibal" DVD release + "S.H.I.E.L.D." premiere: 6 days (this is kind of a big deal for me, okay)
  • Best friend wedding extravaganza eleganza: 10 days
  • "Breaking Bad" series finale: 11 days ;_____;
  • Julieta Venegas in NEW YORK CITY: 18 days
  • Neutral Milk Hotel: 23 days

Oh, and work is still insane. But I'll totally be blogging about the fun stuff, so get ready for that. Get. Ready.




Uh, so juuuuuuuuuuust in case you didn't know how excited I am for tonight's concert ... yeah. (If you happen to go to this show and you see a chubby, short Asian girl chair dancing upstairs, sorry.) 2013 has been SUCH a baller year for shows!

With any luck, it won't take me quite so long to respond to comments in the future! Ugh, I feel like it's disrespectful of me to take more than a couple of days to get back to you, so thank you for bearing with me. Y'all take care, and I'll try to pull it together so I can sound somewhat coherent on Friday.


P.S. Check out Anna's pick! Hint: It was my first Skinny Dipping polish. ;)

14 comments:

  1. I think your photos of this polish are stunning! What a delicate and pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! If you don't have it, you totally need it. I think you could come up with some cool looks with this!

      Delete
  2. I adore this shade and have since the collection first came out..it's my go to look when I need polish on and don't have time or imagination to do much of anything. Your photos are stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have 3 bottles of this particular opi sheer white. This and funny bunny. I actually have a serious addiction to sheer whites, and this one is probably my favorite of all. It also looks insane with a sheer holo topcoat or with something like Illusion d'or. i. lurve. it -A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I have Funny Bunny, too! Maybe I oughta White Cap this?

      Delete
  4. Don't Touch My Tutu is so lovely. Looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! It's gorrrrrgeous. Do you have this one?

      Delete
  5. This is perfect and I need it.

    I also need to find a way to steal your life so that I can go see NMH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DO need it. You need this whole collection.

      Delete
  6. I love your nails, R. This is such a pretty, soft mani.-Landa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I've never seen any swatches of this polish that really did anything for me, but your pictures of it look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Chelsea! It's easy to do when it's such a beautiful polish. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.