Friday, November 15, 2013

Shopping My Stash: No-vampy-er? (I tried!) (... sort of)

NOTE: This post was supposed to go up last Friday, Nov. 8, but Steff had a sick kitty and I had car dramz, so we postponed it until today.

Not a note, BUT! Two of my favorite people have birthdays today, my girl elbee (if you miss her nails, you can see glimpses of them on her Instagram) and my boyfriend (a.k.a. Sterling Meowlory Archer's chief of staff). Yay! Happy birthday, you guys. I love you so much. :3

November also happens to be the month of Steff's birth, and so I thought it would be nice for her to choose its theme. --Granted, I didn't leave her with a whole lot of time to choose something, but we managed to scrounge up untried vampies for you. ;)

China Glaze's Fall 2013 collection was such a snoozefest to me that I have forgotten what it's actually called (although I did buy ONE polish). I remember thinking that it should have been called "Vintage Vixen, Part Two" because the color and finish palette seemed like an extension of Vintage Vix, which came out THREE YEARS AGO, oh my lord. Anyway, I already was wearing First Class Ticket when Steff decided to go vamp ... too perfect, no?




Three coats with Gelous + NYC Grand Central Station. Photos taken after two days of wear. (IKR?!)







First Class Ticket is like, but not LOVE. Most of the time this dark purple looked black on me, until I was in a light that would coax the blue shimmer out. It glows like crazy. It's beautiful!, just too dark for me. Had it been a hair lighter, I think it would have worked, but I honestly think it would be gorg on someone paler. Basically, it's like the cooler, more blurple cousin of Midnight Ride.

And also, China Glaze? This is not a frost! It's a shimmer, with a fantastic formula. It's not thick, but it's very pigmented, so you don't need to load up your brush. It looks perfect and opaque after two coats, and it dries very quickly, too. I wore this polish for two days with perfect wear, whaaaaat.

I got my bottle in a swap back in 2010, but this is ridiculously easy to find online and presumably on blog sales. I haven't decided whether I'm adding it to my blog sale pile or gifting it to a friend, but I'm sure it'll have a happy home -- either way, First Class Ticket gets a first class ticket into someone else's stash. (Man, I am so sorry about the bad puns today. WTF.) And hopefully I like my remaining Vintage Vix picks more than I liked this and Emerald Fitzgerald; so far, only Swing Baby has been winner winner, chicken dinner.

Speaking of winners, it's funny that all three of my Shopping My Stash picks have turned out *not* to be winners for me. I think this actually is kind of good, though, because it's all part of my extremely slow purging process ... one bottle at a time, right? Perhaps I'll have better luck next month. Until then, hop over Short 'n Chic to see Steff's vampy selection. Thanks for reading, and see y'all next week.

10 comments:

  1. Really pretty color, I love this shimmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! It'd look gorgeous on you.

      Delete
  2. Whaaaaaaaaaaa, I share a birthday with your boyfriend? Yay! 11/15-ers unite! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! Crazy, isn't it? I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Your puns, girl. I love them and hate them at the same time.

    I love this, and if you need a pasty-ass white girl to send it to, you know where I live. (Well, not anymore.) I need to go through all of my stuff and figure out what to keep and what to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best/worst puns FTW.

      Ew, destashing is the worst. It's taking me FOREVER. But this series is helping!

      Delete
  4. Rach, your nails are so adorable. Ugh LOL-Landa

    ReplyDelete
  5. *perk* did somebody say blog sale? I'll take this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you can fight Madeline for it. :-P (Note: This sale won't happen until late February/early March because I just will not have the time until then)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.