Monday, November 25, 2013

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Zoya Flynn

Okay, this post is MEGA late. Like, a week late. I know. I'm sorry. But since this is going to be my last Skinny Dipping post of 2013 (December = ALL CHRISTMAS, ALL THE TIME), I wanted to make sure it would be a good one. This meant I had to choose something really awesome.

Flynn is pre-eeeetty awesome.


Dr. Carter Noah Wyle, I luv u 4evr.

They'll never get his nose right. (But his smolder is just fine.)

OMG JUNIOR, WTFFFFFFFFF

(source)


I got jokes! (Sometimes.) ANYWAY:




Three coats with NYC Grand Central Station.








Like I said. Awesome.

When the Zoya Cashmere swatches first came out, I didn't think I'd want any of them. When I saw the collection at Ulta in September? early October?, I still wasn't feeling them. But then in mid-October, something happened and I kept wondering whether Flynn would look good on me. Good thing I caved during a surprise Zoya B2G1 at Ulta! I don't think this is a color that everyone is going to be able to pull off, but if you even remotely think you might be able to, TRY IT. You might be pleasantly surprised. :) It's very elegant ... it reminds me of leather. Or perhaps a wool camel-colored coat. You know, cozy. (Note: This is not a even close to Essie Case Study! The Essie is WAY more yellow. But it's sort of in the same vein.)

This one had classic Zoya creme formula -- perfect, perhaps a little gummy? (I only get this with Zoyas and RBLs) -- and dried really quickly with Grand Central Station. I usually use Cult Nails Wicked Fast with my Zoyas, but I didn't feel like opening up a new bottle, and GCS was on my headboard, which is how I wound up using GCS instead. I only wore this for one day, but it's definitely getting broken out again!

Not a bad way to end a year of blogging nude shades, if I do say so myself! Thanks for looking at them and indulging me. :) I'm not sure if Anna is planning to blog some nudes solo in December, but I'll be back at it in January. In the meantime, visit BLP for her November pick.

7 comments:

  1. You make all the polishes look good! I had no interest in all in the Cashmeres...I might consider this one now.

    I don't have time for neutrals, too many purples to get through! :D

    (Current mani is aengland lady of the lake)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I bet if it had an amazing purple, you'd be all in. ;)

      (Purple is a neutral outside of my nail wardrobe tbh)

      Delete
    2. heheh, true true, it did seem to be missing a nice purple ;P

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty Zoya polish :) I will visit Anna to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would look fab on you.

      Delete
  3. OMG THAT PICTURE OF RJ MITTE!
    I always think of him when I see this polish. I'm glad you did too.
    (Can you tell I'm behind on my blog reading...again? :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IKR? There really are no words. I'm really glad you noticed, though. Sometimes I worry that I'll be the one laughing to myself in my lonely corner of the internet ... :-P

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.