Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NEW: SpaRitual Intention

Ladies. Thank you so much for your kind words and car shopping advice! It means a lot. This sounds dumb, but I've been too heartbroken about my car to proceed objectively. See, without a car, I don't have a way to go be with my closest friends, and oh yeah, there's that whole long-distance relationship thing. I'm so lucky to have a family car to borrow when I need it, but that also means I have to be mega ultra careful driving it. My point is, I'm also pretty lucky to have y'all as a support system, too! Thanks for helping to point me in the right direction. I'll keep you posted on the car search, for sure!

Yesterday, I was so worked up about the whole totaled car debacle that I failed to note the date, 11/12/13. While that was very cool ... I'm still upset. But having this polish on my nails last weekend was a nice little pick-me-up.

Enter SpaRitual Intention. I bought this two weekends ago, but I brought it and a few Holiday 2013 polishes to Krysi's house last Friday so we could do some Christmas nails together and watch TV. She picked out Essie Sable Collar for herself and this one for me. She could not have done a better job, because like Auntie Mame Dennis, what I needed was a little Christmas ... NOW.




Four coats with Gelous + SV.








Wow, you can see how dry my hands are. Gross. Anyway, I'm sorry about these swatches. With the hour we gained the other weekend from Daylight Saving Time, it's been a challenge for me to find a good time to take nail photos the way I like doing them. But even with all that, you can see Intention is a warm red, sort of tomato-ish, and definitely evocative of the holiday season. The red and gold glass fleck in the red jelly base makes me die. It's perfect. Even my mom was digging this one.

The only thing that wasn't perfect about this polish? It had a good consistency and it spread easily, but it was more sheer than I thought it would be. However, any glass fleck lover knows that most glass flecks take at least three coats to look good, and that's the case here. I ended up going with four because the lighting was sort of weird when I was polishing, but the good news is that this dried quickly. I've had this on for four days now, with no chips and no tip wear. AWESOME.

IMO, Intention is the star of the SpaRitual Illuminate holiday collection. (BTW, the Illuminate collection is supposed to contain recycled glass beads ... oh yes. Glass fleck goodness. Totally called it.) I believe SpaRituals now retail here in the U.S. for $12 a pop (didn't they use to go for $10?), and Ulta just started carrying a limited selection of the brand. This must be a new thing, because I only noticed the SpaRitual display the weekend before last, when I bought this one. I think Ulta currently is running a B2G1 free promo on SpaRituals, so if you want in on this one, do it. And if you don't have a good red glass fleck and don't feel like shelling out for RBL Lotus Elise or ordering NOPI I Love You Cherry Much, I totally recommend Intention.

But what do *you* think? Wouldn't you feel a little better with this polish on your nails? Now that I've gotten one holiday shade here on the blog, I can't wait to show you mooooooooooore (guys, I have textures!!!!!!). Hopefully those pictures will be better, too.


P.S. Krysi introduced me to a TLC show called "Extreme Cheapskates" (a network that is not even trying any more). We watched a few episodes and I was straight-up horrified-slash-entertained. I understand wanting to save a few bucks, but some of the things those people did ... you have got to be kidding me. Two people using the same piece of floss and the same toothbrush? NO. Taking home other people's (possibly expired) leftovers from the fridge at work? Gross. Throwing your 10-year-old a birthday party in a RETIREMENT HOME? That poor kid looked like he wanted to die. Trying to get into a testicular removal medical trial so you are paid $35k? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Have you guys seen this show? What. Even. (Krysi, we are SO gonna watch some more of this weirdness this weekend, please and thank you.)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are the best. For EVERY. SEASON.

      Delete
  2. Lovely color, this shimmer looks great! I love SpaRitual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! I love SRs, too. I don't know why I don't blog them more often.

      Delete
  3. TOO SOON FOR CHRISTMAS NAILS.

    That being said, this is beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glowing red is right, really pretty....I do not often have the patience for 4 coats, but once in a blue moon for a good glass fleck, sure...

    I don't even know what channel TLC is for us....but there are so many of these quickie reality shows now, I don't even know what I'm seeing on The Soup any more....I'll just stick with Project Runway, Face Off and The Voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass flecks are so awesomesauce. I would wear FIVE coats if that helped, I love them so much.

      I only watched "What Not to Wear" regularly, and before my friend's wedding, "Say Yes to the Dress" was fun ... but I wouldn't watch SYTTD again unless I was going to be in another friend's wedding.

      Delete
  5. I love that polish. It is absolutely stunning.

    I have seen Extreme Cheapskates and I think it is insane. I only watched one episode and I couldn't stand to watch another one. I am all for saving a buck, but not to those extremes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna!

      My friend swears up and down that the first season was better than the second one. I don't even know where to start, LOL. Give me my "Toddlers & Tiaras" (and trainwrecks) any day.

      Delete
  6. GOD DAMNIT RACHEL! JUST SHOW US (ME!!) THE TEXTURES ALREADY! : )

    This totally reminds me of a Zoya....Kimmy? Reva? I dunno, one of those. I haven't stopped by Ulta recently but am excited to have Spa Ritual's there....since I know they will put some on clearance at some time (gah their clearance section is great!).

    BTW, I watched 1 episode of Extreme Cheapskates, and that was enough for me. I was so grossed out, this little asian woman did not use TP...even during #2....I was grossed out. Yuck. I'll stick with my Long Island Medium and Catfish thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not like Kimmy AT ALL. Reva, maybe?

      Dude, I saw the Asian woman episode last Friday. I don't understand dumpster diving for food ... especially not if you have a decent job like she seems to. What's the point of having that nice apartment, then?!?!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.