Monday, November 11, 2013

Wet n Wild ATTEN Hut!

I remember posting Eyeko Military for Veterans Day back in 2011, but I failed to post something for the holiday on this blog last year. I'm trying to make up for that today with the first textured polish ever featured on Stuff, Wet n Wild's ATTEN Hut!

My taste in polish is more vanilla than trendy, but when I fall for a trend, I tend to fall pretty hard. I couldn't get into crackles, magnetics, color changing polish, glow in the dark ones, 80% of the glitter toppers out there -- don't get me started on indies -- but damn if I haven't gone and fallen in love with a few shimmery textures. I continue to stand by Anna's previous assertion that most textures look like we dipped our nails in sparkly cat litter, but ... UGH, some of them are SO pretty, I can't hate.

I mean, for $3.99, it's kind of hard to hate ATTEN Hut!




Two coats.








SERIOUSLY. If you too are apprehensive about the texture trend, at least consider giving this polish a fair shake (but not literally). As I said, the price point isn't too bad, and although I got my bottle at CVS last month, I saw it at a couple other drugstores last weekend. ATTEN Hut! is part of the limited edition Tough Girl collection, so grab it while you can.

Obviously, I'm in love with the color (olive shimmer? GIVE ME IT!), but I also really liked its formula and application -- great consistency, not thin or clumpy at all! The bottle is just like Wet n Wild's Mega Last bottles circa 2010, so the brush stem is short but easy to work with if you use thin coats and a light touch. I waited maybe two, three minutes in between the first and second coats so it could dry properly before I slapped on another. I wore it for two? three? days with minimal tip wear and a huge chip on one finger (the chip-prone one), so yeah. Really pleased with this one. Good jorb, Wet n Wild. Good. Jorb. Maybe next time I'll see if adding top coat gives this manicure a little extra something. We'll see.

All in all, a great polish to mark a great holiday. I wish I had a better way to properly thank those who've served (I keep forgetting I have a former coworker who now works for the USO ... I'll hit her up soon), but to any veterans and their family members who might be reading this: I am extremely humbled by and grateful for your service and sacrifice! Thank you so very, very much.

12 comments:

  1. May I ask where you found this collection? I'm in RVA also, and love the look of this polish, but can't seem to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, I was in Midlothian a lot over the weekend, but I *know* the display is still up at the CVS at Cox and Broad near Innsbrook, in the Colonnades West shopping center. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I know where I'm going after work, LOL!

      Delete
    3. Yay, awesome! Let me know what you find. I love that CVS.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! (P.S. Now you kind of make me want Essie After School Boy Blazer, noooooooo!)

      Delete
  3. I just can't deal with textures. I just can't. I have a lot of sensory issues and textures is a big problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I thought they would bother me more than they did, but the fact is that I can deal with only a few textures ... this, Zoya Pixiedusts, the Julie G ones and OPI Alcatraz + Tiffany Case ... and that's it!

      Delete
  4. I loooovvveeee most glittery textures - lol @ sparkly cat litter comment

    I have the purple one from this collection (of course). I was wanting the rest and I keep spying them at the Giant Eagles around here in central Ohio, but I couldn't remember if they were all textured in the collection. I'll have to go back and do some digging on Nouveau Cheap.

    This would probably be about the only way I'd wear a color like this.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember what the purple one looks like ... I'll have to Google it! God, Nouveau Cheap is such a death trap because I end up wanting everything from every drugstore, hahaha.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I feel like a dick. Here I am yelling at you to wear the textures, and here it is. Gah dickhead move, Angie!

    I think I actually have this one, and haven't worn it. And I can't believe you've fallen hard for the textures! I honestly thought you wouldn't! And don't add TC to a texture! Ahh, blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, YOU HAVEN'T WORN THIS?!?!?! Angie!!!!!!!! :-O

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.