Monday, December 2, 2013

FingerPaints Sparkle in the Sky

The phrase "oh my giddygod's trousers" does not even begin to cover how excited I am to be wearing holiday polish for the entirety of this month. I'm pretty sure I can drag this out well into January if you let me ... but to quote Noxeema Jackson: Approval neither desired nor required. ;)

Anyway, here are my nails for Thanksgiving proper. I went textured this year (it seems two other blogger friends did as well) -- I am in LOVE with certain kinds of textures: Julie G's gumdrops, Sinful's Crystal Crushes, two of OPI's Liquid Sands, all of Zoya's fall PixieDusts ... and this polish. I didn't even KNOW FingerPaints was in on this texture trend. When I first saw the Enchanted Winter display at Sally's early last month, there was nothing on the display to indicate that its contents were, in fact, texture polishes. The only reason I guessed they were textures was because I'd seen some sad PR images of the Holiday Love Affair collection on the official FP Facebook page.

Sparkle in the Sky was the only Enchanted Winter polish that stood out to me, which is hilarious because it's an almost-dupe for the OPI Liquid Sand polish Alcatraz ... Rocks. I think the difference boils down to the fact that the OPI is probably deeper in color (at least, in the bottle), but they are VERY similar. Unless you feel strongly about textures, one brand over the other, or holiday exclusives, you don't need both.

Me? You know I do.




Three coats. Two coats will suffice. Habits are hard to break, yo.










SO close to Alcatraz ... Rocks, right?

The formula was okay. I had a slightly easier time working with Wet n Wild ATTEN Hut!, but it might be because FingerPaints brushes are long (to me). This took a little longer to dry than the Wet n Wild, so you'll be waiting between coats anyway, though, like I said, you'll only need two. I wore this for four days without any chips and only a little tip wear. The grit of the texture dies down after maybe two or three days, so I think I could have gotten away with one coat of SV to make it shine.

What do you think? I really love this, which probably means I'm going to pee myself when I actually wear Alcatraz. Did you bother with a Thanksgiving NOTD this year? I ask because sometimes all the cooking and food prep tends to make manis look ... not so great, and not necessarily because you sliced your finger à la Giada.

To end, a fun fact about why I chose this polish to wear for Thanksgiving: I wanted to wear a holiday polish and I thought my family was going to go watch "Thor: The Dark World" (we didn't, but it's okay because I can go see it again). I could pretty much watch Heimdall stand there heroically and talk about the Bifrost all. day., because heyooooooo, Idris Elba is perfect.


P.S. My Christmas giveaway is in effect. You should enter.

10 comments:

  1. I love this! It's very pretty. I would totally get it if I didn't already own the OPI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, this is such a great one!

    And YES!! Gimme some more Heimdall! Mmm...those contacts! That helmet? That voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO GOOD. Do I get a cookie (preferably a gingerbread Oreo) for posting a holiday texture? DO I, ANGIE? :-P

      Delete
  3. I have both this and Alcatraz, I thought this was not a texture, even after I put it on a nail wheel, oops!

    My Thanksgiving mani was Zoya Payton, the cranberry colored scattered holo.

    And yes to Idris Elba, a thousand times yes.... We finally watched our Pacific Rim DVD yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a day or so, you totally can top coat this one. I didn't try it but I know it'll look amazeballs.

      Ooh, Payton. This year's Zoya Zenith collection, correct?

      I'm pretty sure I bought "The Losers" for him. Him and Chris Evans. *wall slides*

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad I picked this up the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are, too! I bet you could come up with some cool nail art to do with it. :)

      Delete
  5. I loved that you quoted Noxema -Landa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Landa. I love that movie SO MUCH that I would only love it more if it took place during Christmas :-P

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.