Tuesday, December 31, 2013

OPI Visions of Love

One last NOTD for 2013! I meant to post this one on the 20th, but that didn't happen (obviously).

So here's my deal with December 20th: Five years ago that day, I sat down next to this dude at a Christmas get-together at a bar with a bunch of co-workers. I had never really had a conversation with him outside of work before, and ... I mean ... that was probably a good thing, considering how quickly we hit it off that night. ("Rachel, you can sit next to him, he doesn't bite!" "No, not unless I ask him to first." "That's true." I also vaguely remember telling him he was going to have to be nice to me if he wanted me to let him out so he could pee or smoke. What can I say? I'm smooth.) If you had told me that he would end up being my main squeeze and that I would spend the weekend after Christmas 2013 trying to find presents for his adorable cat, I would have laughed in your face. But ... it's true -- I totally got Sterling Meowlory Archer some presents last Saturday. I haven't even gotten B anything yet. Oops?

The only reason I know all this happened on the 20th is mostly because I went to a Met Opera Live in HD transmission of Massenet's "Thaïs" that day *and* watched "Slumdog Millionaire" with my ex-roommate (I loved "Thaïs," didn't care for "Slumdog"). Oh, and I think there's a group photo on Facebook floating around. Heh.

I was wearing "some vampy business" I will share one day here, but in lieu of that, I went with another holiday vampy, Visions of Love from this year's OPI Mariah Carey holiday collaboration. It doesn't look that special in the bottle and it's not all that unique, but I kind of want to have babies with this polish anyway. Look.




Three coats with SV.








I DIE.

There really isn't anything special about Visions of Love, and I feel like there are a TON of dupes or close-dupes (not that I can name any ... it does however remind me of something Chanel?), but I had to have it by virtue of it being (1) an OPI holiday release, and (2) a polish named after a Mariah Carey song. The funny thing is that I own nothing like this in my stash! I don't really like brown-leaning reds on me, but Visions of Love is vampy enough that it doesn't bother me.

I keep seeing other bloggers go back and forth regarding its finish -- I've seen it described as a creme, a jelly-creme, or a jelly. IDK. It reminded me of OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, which also definitely took a second coat to reach vamp status. The formula was pretty good, but you have to work carefully since you don't want to have to clean up too much. (Cleaning up reds, vampies, greens, blues and some purples = THE WORST.) Dry time was fast and wear time was decent for one day -- no chips or tip wear, just some scuffed-up SV.

If you want this one, you should totally get it now so you don't have OPI holiday regret. As a person who most recently suffered very acute OPI holiday regret in the form of OPI Burlesque shimmers, I know how it feels. Just get this. Trust.

Oh, and get THIS: Basically, this relationship has been a good chunk of my adult life, which admittedly is strange to think about. Just ... WHAT? That's so weird. I'm not going to say some shit like "here's to five more years" because that's dumb and life is beyond unpredictable, but I certainly can't imagine the last five years without him or Mr. Archer. I love them very much. Tonight, I'm going to get my midnight kiss from one (or both) of them, damn it. :)

Whatever you end up doing tonight, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable evening and a wonderful new year. If your 2013 was fantastic, I hope 2014 brings you more of the same; if your 2013 was awful, I hope 2014 is a vast improvement! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for reading this blog, commenting or e-mailing and spending a few minutes of your day with me. I appreciate it more than you know!

My 2013 was a mixed bag -- come back tomorrow and take a look back at the year with me. It's gonna be an interesting post.

Cheers and here's to a 2014 full of good tidings, good health, success, good TV and even better nail polish! :D

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swatch! Happy new year, Rach! Can't wait to read more on the blog in 2014 :)
    Also, you've inspired me to log how much i'm spending on polish throughout the coming year. I'm a teensy bit scared to see the totals each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! I hope you have a happy 2014, too.

      You can do it! I'll be here to cheer you on if you need me :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! It really is.

      Delete
  3. This is perf. I can never have enough of this type of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another one that came out with the OPI Gwen Stefanis, but I think this one is the one I need to keep because MARIAHHHHHHHHH.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.