Friday, January 24, 2014

butter LONDON Dosh

For once, I have some good news. Remember my new car, the car that I kvetched about having to buy and haven't really talked about yet? I've paid off 1/4 of it! YEAHHHH, BOYYYYYYYY. As the song says -- and I'm completely switching rappers here -- I've had my mind on my money, and my money on my mind. (But no gin and juice. Or weed, for that matter.) (Side note: I miss college.)

Enter butter LONDON Dosh. In case your intake of Brit lit, film and TV is limited, "dosh" is British slang for money or cash. For the purposes of this post, I felt it was HIGHLY APPROPRIATE.




Four coats with Gelous + NYC Grand Central Station.








The ~official~ butter LONDON description for Dosh is on point, as it is indeed "a molten metallic apple-green nail lacquer shot through with gold." Yep. Not much more to add on to that.

I will say that Dosh had an interesting formula. It was not as thick as I thought it would be for some reason, but it wasn't hard to work with at all. I applied my standard three coats and didn't feel anything about it. But then I decided to cover up a couple of bald patches with a fourth coat, and whoaaaaaaa, HUGE difference. I *loved* it after that. I can't tell you about wear because I got so excited about another polish, I removed this after getting photos. Heh.

Dosh was released for the bL 2011 spring collection and has since been part of the core bL line. However, I think it's one of the "last chance" shades on clearance for $7.50 right now (EDIT: Sorry, guys! I forgot the deal ended last night). If you like apple green polishes and collect bLs, I recommend it.


It's been freakin' cold here lately, so Dosh was a nice little way to add some spring color to my week. I'm not the only one who feels this way -- check out Elizabeth's swatch on Did My Nails!

Oh, and uh, I couldn't decide which of my favorite late '90s hip hop/R&B songs about money should play us out for the weekend, so enjoy.





Thanks for reading! Have a solid weekend and I'll catch you next week.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a funky green, I like it! I think it's on my wishlist but I can't quite recall. Congrats on paying off some of your car! That's awesome. Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Yes, I think it's pretty underrated. :) And thanks for the car payment congrats ... only 3/4 left to go!

      Delete
  2. Looks great on you! I need to wear this soon. Now you have gin and juice in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lakeisha! And you're welcome. :p

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I like that one. I thought of buying some stuff from the sale but I couldn't pull the trigger.

    Rock on with that car, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have told me, I would have been happy to add something to my order for you. (I had to break in a new credit card, so, like ... yeahhhhhhhhhh.)

      Delete
  4. such a good color on you! and congrats on paying 1/4 of the car off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.