Monday, January 27, 2014

Illamasqua Swinger

Short post today, and a rather late one, too. At first, I didn't think I wanted to post today, and then when I fiinally made up my mind this morning, I had some internet issues (oh Comcast, fuck you very much).

But, Swinger.




Three coats with SV.








Not a whole lot to say about this one. Cool gold foil, with barely perceptible specks of holo glitter. I'm talking MICROSCOPIC. You won't know it's there until the light hits it, and even then ... well.

Formula was good, dry time was good. Wear time, I don't know, because I took this off as soon as I swatched it -- I have so many gold foils, I think this one is going to go live with my favorite bartender. :)

Funnily enough, Swinger is from Illamasqua's Summer 2012 offering called ... wait for it ... Naked Strangers. I can't be the only one who cracked up at this! You can buy this at Sephora for $17 if you reeeeeeeally want to. I wouldn't, mostly because Orly Luxe is the only gold foil you *really* need. In fact, the only reason I own this bottle is because it was a replacement for some OOS shades in a massive Illamasqua haul I did with Janice and another girl this time last year. (Good job on Illamasqua's part to offer us replacements free of charge on regularly-priced items  -- but too bad they didn't yet have the polish I wanted most at the time! Ah, well. It's okay.)

That's all for today. Not very exciting, I'm afraid, but I have something on Wednesday that should make us flip out. *I* flipped out, anyway. :)

Thanks for reading! Hope you all have a good start to your week.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet it would look good on you.

      Delete
  2. I pass up so many gold foils by telling myself I've got Orly Luxe. I don't NEED another one. But this one's going to be reeeeally hard to walk away from...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off the top of my head, I have 3 other cool gold foils (including Luxe) that I love ... for some reason it's so hard for me to walk away from the idea of butter LONDON The Full Monty! I think it must be the name. :p

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Though I will probably check out Orly Luxe instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I highly recommend Luxe. ChG Midnight Kiss also is a great one, if you have it.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.