Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine Week: China Glaze Igniting Love

Monday, ew.

But this polish, YESSSSSSSS. This was one of those instances in which a bunch of my blogger/MUA friends loved a polish so much, I figured I might as well love it. Spoiler alert: I love it. But as you're about to see, it's not hard to love.




Three coats with SV.








China Glaze Igniting Love: a red lover's dream. I haven't seen it look bad on anyone! This is a warm red creme, and verrrrrry saturated. It's fantastic.

That goes for its formula and application as well. Perfect all around. Today's photos are from a quick and dirty swatch sesh, so I can't elaborate on my wear experience. --Not on my fingers, at least; this polish was one of my favorite pedi shades last summer.

Igniting Love was released at the end of 2012 as part of the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away tie-in collection. It didn't seem terribly unique, but I picked up four polishes from that collection anyway, including this one, which I've seen at dusties and is still available online. GET IT.

What do you think? You kind of HAVE to love Igniting Love. It's AWESOME, right?

Speaking of awesome, I saw the Lego movie this weekend. I haven't laughed so hard since "Anchorman 2." Someone on Twitter said the Lego movie played out like the opening of "Toy Story 3," which is a quite apt description. I highly recommend it!

Oh, and my EXCITING DINNER PLANS on Saturday night went really well. Sooooo, my friend Stephanie of Short 'n Chic? Her fiance Ben was in town for work with a friend, so B and I met them for dinner. There is no photographic evidence of this meeting, which is a little sad, but we had so much fun! Everyone enjoyed their food, which made me very happy. And in case you're wondering, YES. Ben is a very funny dude. There were cat jokes (of course). New additions were made to Stephanie and Ben's wedding playlist. Oh, and Ben and B had a nail polish eyeroll moment, something about not knowing it was possible to find (and buy) nail polish in so many places. It was kind of adorable. Anyway, not to inflate Ben's ego or anything, but it's always wonderful to meet people who are as great as you've heard they are, especially when said person is someone who is going to marry your friend. I'm even more excited for their wedding now. :)

FUN, right? That's all for today! Thanks for reading, and I'll have another Valentine polish up tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. This polish is so baller and looks amazing on you. Ahhhhh that sounds like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing on EVERYONE. This should become a permanent shade!

      And yes, it was! :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect V-Day polish! I saw the Lego movie on Saturday and it was fantastic. I laughed so much and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more than my 6 year-old nephew, who was sitting next to me. I had fun picking out the different voices and who was playing who. I really want to see it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! OMG, I was ugly laughing the entire time. We're hoping the DVD/Blu includes footage of the actors in the recording studio, because LIAM NEESON. Hahahahahaha.

      Delete
    2. I would love to see Liam Neeson's ~process~ for switching between good cop/bad cop. Also, Will Arnett, just because.

      Delete
    3. RIGHT? That little voice he used for the good cop ... HAAAAAAA.

      We had no idea Alison Brie = Princess Unikitty. MIND. BLOWN.

      Delete
  3. so awesome of you guys to meet up! and I have this polish too and I agree, it is PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! And I can't believe I didn't want this one at first. Isn't that bananas?

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.