Friday, February 21, 2014

L'Oréal Members Only (!!!)

This time last week, my area of Virginia was covered by slightly over two feet of snow, which is an unheard of amount in the south. (I ought to know, I've been living in Virginia for 20 years; the blizzard of '94 is the only extreme craziness I can think of.) Anyway, this pretty much meant that my Valentine's weekend with B and Mr. Meowmeow was out of the question. I didn't know if the roads were clear, and with that much snowfall, what normally would have been an almost 3-hour trip would have become just a little too far to go to get laid. #realtalk

Nothing at that point was going to make me feel better, but I decided I could start by watching "To Wong Foo" and putting a bright pop of color on my nails. I texted Steff with three drugstore pinks: a Sinful, an SH Xtreme Wear, and this L'Oréal. Once she texted me back, I started the DVD and reached for the remover.

You know what? I *did* feel a little better. As Vida Boheme said, sometimes it just takes a fairy.

Oh, and a seriously bright pop of pink.




Three coats with NYC Grand Central Station.







 



So, uh ... GOOD CHOICE, Steff.

I didn't pay much attention to the L'Oréal Trend Setter collection when it debuted at the beginning of last year. In fact, I only picked up Members Only last August when I saw it on clearance at Target! Shame on me, though. I really, REALLY love this polish. As pinks go, this isn't unique, but let's just say that if I had to go abroad for three months, I would take this with me. It's not too warm or too cool -- just perfect. I know it's not cool to like pink and I didn't for a long time (after I was 6, anyway), but pink usually looks awesome on me, so I decided not to fight it.

So was its formula. It was pretty much a dream, and very easy to work with. I'd actually classify it as a jelly-creme because this had a fairly squishy quality to it. I think if you're reeeeeally careful, you can get away with using one coat, but it's not going to be as dark of a pink as it would be if you used at least one more coat. Nor would it look as squishy, IMO. Anyway, dry time was quite fast with Grand Central Station. I shockingly fell asleep before the movie was finished, and my nails were perfect when I woke up, no sheet marks, no nothing. I wore it for four days without chips, just some tip wear from doing LOTS of dishes.

Members Only was one of six polishes in L'Oréal's Trend Setter collection. As I said, I bought this on clearance at Target last August, so I'm not sure if it's core or anything; I do remember, however, that all six Trend Setter polishes were included in core L'Oréal displays for most of last year. Other than the L'Oréal Gold Dusts, I tend not to notice L'Oréal polishes ... I'm not sure why, because if they're as great as the Gold Dusts and Members Only, I'm really missing out! You can pick up Members Only online at the Target and Walmart web sites if this post is giving you the grabby hands. ;) Again, I have to stress that it's not unique ... but I am insanely into it.

That's just me. I'm interested to know what you think of this polish, though! When was the last time you fell in love with a clearance purchase? What was the last polish you wore as a pick-me-up? If you like pink polishes, what's your current favorite? I think this might be a little darker and more blue than OPI Hey Baby, which I'm trying to resist at the moment.

Thanks so much for reading this week! I hope you guys have a great weekend. Come back on Monday, because I have something really cool to show you!

11 comments:

  1. I love this polish. I also live in Virginia. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Always nice to connect with another Virginian :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good pink!
    Sorry your V-day plans bit it. Weather sucks that way. My sister was supposed to come up from Charlotte on Saturday morning for her bachelorette weekend (wine tour, brunch, mani-pedis) and it never happened. All her flights were cancelled. Hopefully you guys can make up your valentine's day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oooooh, I love Charlotte. But that airport ... *shakes fist* I'm sorry your sister was stuck there! :( That must've sucked ass. Are you planning to try a bachelorette thing another weekend?

      Delete
    2. I don't know if we will because the wedding is coming up super-fast (May 3rd), but my younger sister and I (co-maids of honor) are going down St. Patrick's Day weekend for another shower so maybe we'll get to do something :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that movie. It's one of the two I like that has Patrick Swayze in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My other favorite is Road House. But that might be a MST3K thing ...

      (But as drag queen road trip movies go, I have to state that the Australian movie "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" is FAR superior to "Wong Foo.")

      Delete
  4. This post had me at "a little too far to go to get laid". Girl, you crack me up!

    And you're right, this is incredibly flattering on you. I never pick up regular cremes and jelly's, so I miss out on good stuff like this! Not that I don't probably have something similar in my stash already *rolls eyes*.

    Sorry I missed your VD text from SMA. I remember seeing it, but I've been so baby brained lately, lots o things are flying over my head, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kidding. But NOT REALLY.

      Thank you! I actually saw this in the core display at CVS last night, fyi. ;) Juuuuuuuuuuuust sayin'.

      Oh, I'm really bad at responding to texts, so no worries. We hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.