Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine Week(end): Nicole by OPI I Love You Cherry Much

Happy weekend, friends! Yesterday was rough, but today should be better. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't snow tonight because I have EXCITING DINNER PLANS.

Brief post this morning because I have a migraine. On to our next Valentine polish, NOPI I Love You Cherry Much, a red glass fleck and Target exclusive that was released back in the summer of 2011. I think by the summer of that year, glass flecks were like Pokemon to me ... I HAD TO HAVE THEM ALL. Now does this one live up to my expectations?




Three coats with SV.








Answer: Ehhhhhhhhhhh? Yes, in that it's a red glass fleck. But also ... nope, because I feel there are better ones out there. However, I'm really pleased with how these photos turned out! How ironic is it that I get some pretty awesome photos of this red glass fleck despite being not wowed by it? (For the record, I think SpaRitual Intention and especially OPI The Spy Who Loved Me contain stronger, more visible glass fleck particles. I haven't tried RBL Lotus Elise, but I think that might have stronger, more visible particles as well.)

Formula was good on this NOPI, more on the thin but not too watery side. You don't need to load up your brush, which is nice. Dry time was super fast.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you still can find this polish at Target if you want it for around $7. As Shania said, it don't impress me much, but again, that's because I've seen it executed better. U.S. residents, drop me an email if you want my bottle! I'll be happy to give it away. EDITED 2/11/14: Reader Sarah called dibs, and it'll be on the way to her in a few days. :)

All right, I have an important errand to do today before I go sit in a four-hour Met Opera broadcast ("Rusalka"). Speaking of opera, how cool was it to see Anna Netrebko at the Sochi opening ceremony last night? LOL at that ceremony, but at least they played a little bit of  Mr. Trololo. Oh, Sochi. You're kind of a mess, but that was amazing, so thanks for that. And for this article. And this one. (Rhythmic gymnast, you say?!)

4 comments:

  1. 1) this is BEAUTIFUL on you!

    2) Sochi related: I was having a good giggle at these yesterday http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/sochi-souvenir-translation-fails?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1440_43397626

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Thanks!

      2) OH MY GOD. I showed this to B yesterday and we laughed the most at the hare pillow and the device cover. THANK YOU BB. <3

      Delete
  2. I've been reading so many articles about Sochi. I don't even know what I think anymore.

    This looks nice. But just nice. Not mindblowingly lovely or anything. But I am guilty of trying to buy all the reds and all the corals, so solidarity sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's so ... ridiculous.

      EXACTLY. I was plain old whelmed with this one!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.