Tuesday, February 4, 2014

OPI All Sparkly and Gold

Howdy, friends. I hope your February is off to a decent start! Mine certainly is. Last weekend was exactly what I needed, and I'm so glad I was able to hang out with some of my friends and spend some time with B (even if I fell asleep on him before the Super Bowl started). It was so nice to get away! Not only was I stoked to see people, but I also fulfilled my craving for Vietnamese grilled pork on Friday night. If you're ever in Richmond, hit up Mekong -- good eats and an even better beer selection await you. And before Krysi's birthday party on Saturday, B and I went to the Hollywood Costume exhibit at the art museum; although I swear I've seen some of those costumes before, we had a fun time. Of course the Indiana Jones costume was great, but I might have had A Moment in front of Bruce Willis's "Die Hard" costume, Carl Weathers's Apollo Creed trunks from the "Rocky" series, the Addams family's clothes from "Addams Family Values," Vanessa Redgrave's gown from "Camelot," and one of Helena Bonham-Carter's dresses from "A Room With a View" (my favorite Merchant Ivory film of all time). I didn't know that dress was going to be there. God, I love that movie so much.

I digress. But if you are in the area, the exhibit closes on Feb. 17th, so you should go! Then go to Mekong. ;)

I knew I was going to have a great weekend, so I knew I needed to have the nails to match. And oh my God, did OPI All Sparkly and Gold deliver.




Three coats with Gelous + SV.

Photos taken after FOUR days of wear. !!!!!!!!








PRAISE MARIAH'S LIGHT. (I don't think she had anything to do with this collection other than slapping her name and songs on it, but w/e)

This polish is PHENOMENAL. If I'd worn it last year, it definitely would have been included in my 2013 favorites post! There were two gold glitters in the OPI Mariah holiday collection: this one, which is a deeper, more burnished yellow gold, and My Favorite Ornament, which was a lighter champagne/white gold type of color. I passed on My Favorite Ornament because I thought it was too similar to Essie Beyond Cozy, so I bought All Sparkly and Gold instead.

Other bloggers had said that this polish was a dense microglitter with great coverage on the first coat. I didn't believe them, but I was very wrong. This is INSANELY dense! Yes, the base is sheer, but it covers unbelievably well. It's opaque after three coats; I'd recommend using thin coats so it won't chip quickly. Although it dries smoothly before adding top coat, I put on a coat of Gelous before applying SV, and this wore *perfectly* on me for four days. No tip wear, no chips. I think you might be able to see the growth in these photos, actually. I also think I might wear All Sparkly and Gold for one more day, but now that I know I can get this much mileage out of this polish, I'd be confident about wearing it if I went out of town for a week or something.

As you know, All Sparkly and Gold was released a few months ago as part of the OPI Mariah Carey holiday collaboration for 2013. It is limited edition, so be sure to pick this up if you love golds, Mariah and OPI holiday releases as much as I do! (Can you tell this ticks all my boxes? Haha.)

Yeah. I've got nothing but love, sweet love for this polish. What about you?

Speaking of the L-word, I'll be posting Valentine-themed polishes every day starting on Thursday for the next few days. It's going to be fun! I'm looking forward to it, so I hope you will, too!


P.S. I know I said I was rooting for Denver, but WOW. That game was over at the end of the first quarter! The Puppy Bowl was more exciting. (Isn't it always? The gag with the lights killed me.)
P.P.S. How fabulous was Prince in his "New Girl" episode?! I've only seen two other episodes of that show, so I'm not super familiar with it. I thought the pancake bit was hilarious, though. (Oh, and Fire and Ice? Unstoppable.)
P.P.P.S. Last, but certainly not least ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRYSI!

12 comments:

  1. Um. I just bought this on eBay. Gorgeoussssss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MWAHAHAHAHAHA *enabler mode deactivated* *until the next time*

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this polish! It's super gorgeous. I almost didn't get it because I wasn't sure if I liked the shade of gold but I'm so glad I changed my mind. I loved wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you changed your mind, too! :)

      Delete
  3. I got this polish but have only swatched it. It's great to know that it wears really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember you posting it. I cannot endorse this one any more.

      Delete
  4. I picked up My Favorite Ornament which I thought was this one (and is a dupe of Zoya Tomoko BTW), and I wish I had picked this one up instead! Ah well! Maybe if I can find it, I will pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dupe for Tomoko, you say? HMMMMMMMM. Yes, get this one!

      Delete
  5. I kept convincing myself I didn't need this. I was so, so wrong. Room with a View is a favorite of mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it online!!! And yay, always nice to hear I'm not the only one who loves that movie! :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.