Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine Week: Rescue Beauty Lounge Coquette

Happy hump day, friends. Sorry this post is a little later than usual -- on top of my usual sleeping problems, I think I'm coming down with something. My throat is so sore in the mornings, I have a lovely post-nasal drip going, and I have been sneezing A LOT. Whatever I've got is less than ideal at my workplace, so I'm home today. I hope it goes away before Friday, just as I'm hoping our expected snow storm doesn't entirely derail our Valentine's Day weekend. I don't think we're doing anything special this year, especially if B gets called into work because of the weather, but I *have* begged for (1) "The Room" on Rifftrax, which he has never seen and I have been dying to watch this again, (2) the "Robocop" remake, and (3) drinks where we first connected, for old times' sake. Kitty kisses from Mr. Archer are a given, so they are not part of my weekend wishlist. (Yet.)

ANYWAY, here's another Valentiney coral. RBL Coquette was one of the six polishes in last year's Fan Collection 2.0, and the one I was most unsure of. I should've just saved my money or ordered something else instead, because this color is disgusting on me.




Three coats with SV.








Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful polish -- that soft coral with the microglitter is so lovely. (The particles strike me more as microglitter than small flakie shards, and I didn't think the finish was particularly jelly-like, but ... tomato, tomahto.) However, this is isn't pink or orange on me ... it's more of a Pantone Salmon Rose color. Which would be fine if it were more saturated, but it isn't. Dusty, greyed-out shades and in-betweeny colors tend to die on me, which this one definitely does. It looks great on other people, but on me? Meh. But Coquette is going to live with Janice, so hopefully that arrangement will be better for both of them. :-P

I don't remember there being anything especially problematic about Coquette's formula or application. I think the dry time was about average.

If you're down to drop $20 on Coquette, you can do so at the RBL site. Not sure exactly how limited edition these are, but when they are gone, the regret sets in, so ... remember that.

Okay, I'm off to the post office and to get some snowstorm essentials (fruit? boxed mac & cheese? Coke? CHIPOTLE? yes. We're supposed to be getting *at least* 6-10 inches, if not more). Then I'm going to go ahead and write the rest of the posts for the week so we don't have a repeat of today. Thanks for reading, and stay safe and warm!


P.S. I first associated the word "coquette" with Katrina Van Tassel of "Sleepy Hollow" ... except it was the Katrina Van Tassel from the Disney short, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." I was five. HAHAHA.

8 comments:

  1. oh you southerners and your silly snowstorms ;) I'm from Buffalo and that's already happened to us twice this month. However, I approve of your essentials and wish you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we're such wusses! But this never happens here. Thanks, Ali. :)

      Delete
  2. Disgusting? I think it looks rather lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Rachel! (great name, btw :) )

      Delete
  3. Well the pics sure look nice!

    And lord you make me want some blue box mac and cheese! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! It was pretty bleh IRL.

      Annie's is the best boxed mac and cheese I have ever had. I recommend it!

      Delete
  4. I think this looks really nice on you actually! It's a pretty shade of coral and that shimmer is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Yeah, the coral kind of dies on me, but the shimmer was hella nice.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.