Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine Week: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Loves Me Not

It may be Tuesday, but it's my Monday, so ... ugh. But I'm one day closer to Friday, so at least I've got that going for me. And this also means I have another Valentine polish for you!

This is Sally Hansen CSM Loves Me Not, from the Spring 2012 SH CSM collab with Prabal Gurung. (I told you I wasn't kidding about my obsession with SH CSM collab shades!) Initially after seeing the three 2012 Prabal Gurung shades in person, I wasn't feeling them. Eventually, I rescued Loves Me Not from the clearance section at Ulta. Admittedly, it wasn't much of a rescue, since it stayed in my Helmer until I wore it a couple of weeks ago. Oops.

BTW, the name of this polish reminds me of "The Little Mermaid." It's only too bad it wasn't one of my favorite Sebastian lines! ("Teenagers. They think they know everything. Give them an inch, and they swim all over you.")




Three coats with Gelous + SV.









This is preeeeeeeetty. Dark purple glass fleck? Yes, please.

Except I think this was a *little* too dark. Loves Me Not has a smoky, blackened base, which is difficult because blackened shimmers and I usually don't work well together. Maybe it was the nasty fluorescent lighting at work, but this looked way too black on me for the two days I wore it. Into the blog sale pile this goes!

The formula wasn't bad at all. I thought it would be sheer and would need to be built up after several coats, but it was nicely opaque in two. Dry time was good. I wore this for three days with minimal tip wear. I think my only complaint regarding the wear was that the sparkle seemed to dull noticeably after two days. Again, I'm not sure if that was an issue with the polish having such a dark base and the flecks being so small, or if it was an effect of nasty fluorescent work light.

Loves Me Not was super limited edition, so if you want it, you might see a bottle pop up on eBay or on blog sales every now and then. (Wondering when my blog sale will be? So am I! At the rate I'm going, I'm projecting late summer. :/) If you like blackened shimmers, purple glass flecks, or collect SH collab shades, you need this in your life.

When I originally wore this polish, I noticed that the official Sally Hansen Twitter account asked for users to post their SH CSM manicures. I shared a photo of Loves Me Not, and if you go to the Battle of the Bottles page, you can see the link to my tweet!




Pretty cool.

What do you think of this polish? Did its name also remind you of Ariel in "The Little Mermaid"? Do you have a favorite SH CSM designer collab polish? I'm not going to lie, the Tracy Reese shades usually are my favorites. (Note: I also have SH CSM Barely Bluebell from the Prabal Gurung Spring 2012s -- another clearance rescue -- but I cannot seem to find my bottle for the life of me. Hopefully I can blog that sucker soon!)

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you tomorrow with another Valentiney polish. Hint: It's another coral.

6 comments:

  1. That is GORGEOUS! Also, you can never go wrong with The Little Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Sarah! "Beauty and the Beast" was my favorite as a kid, but I know I wouldn't have that without "The Little Mermaid." :)

      Delete
  2. Somehow I missed out on this shade and that makes me so sad as I too love the SH CSM collabs. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, Michelle! (Kinda freakin' out here.) I am SO excited to start hunting down the spring/summer CSMs. My Walgreens is not gonna know what hit it.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.