Monday, February 17, 2014

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Orly Prelude to a Kiss

Thought I was done with the Valentimes, did you? >:)

Behold Orly Prelude to a Kiss, a lovely pastel peach from the Orly Cool Romance collection for Spring 2012. (I blogged Jealous, Much? last year.)

I think this is the peach polish I have been waiting for all my life.




Three coats with SV.








I actually gasped a little bit when I put this on, because where has this peach been all my life?!?!?! IIRC, Prelude to a Kiss was the only Cool Romance polish I *had* to have in spite of its gag-inducing name. It's soft, but not stark, and it doesn't go orange. WIN. Oh, and I think I wear it pretty well. :)

I really liked the formula, too. Pastels are notoriously streaky, so I was expecting the worst. Instead, what I got was awesomeness. This one was pretty easy for me to work with -- polish carefully, and you will have delicate peach perfection in three opaque coats. Dry time was good. I loved the way this looked on me, and I can't wait to trot this one out again come spring!

As I said, Prelude to a Kiss was from the Spring 2012 Cool Romance collection. I don't remember where I got my bottle, but this is in the core Orly display at Sally's and Ulta, so DEFINITELY go check this out the next time you have a BOGO, B2G1, or an insanely good coupon deal. It's worth it, I promise.

What do you think, though? Great nude? Perfect peach? You know my feels. I also feel that this was a great way to wrap up Valentine Week, which I hope you enjoyed! It was a lot of fun for me, and I hope I can do it again next year. :)

One more thing: Anna, my partner in nude polish hoarding, has changed her blog name from Business Lady Polish to Mitten State Prepster. So when you check out her Skinny Dipping selection today, don't forget to update your reading list with her new URL: http://mittenstateprepster.blogspot.com. Cool? Cool cool cool.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you for a post on Thursday that most definitely WILL be on time. :)

8 comments:

  1. My, my. That does look nice on you. I don't think peaches work for me, which I found out after I was basically peeing myself over China Glaze Peachy Keen in 2010 (which I know is darker in tone/also somehow brighter than this Orly) and then it looked fantastically awful on me. Sad days.

    What I'm saying is rock out with that peach, girl. Rock out. Because ya can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady. Peachy Keen was just so ... orange and not all that peach, really.

      You rock out with your corals and vamps. Super jealous.

      Delete
  2. I love this polish! I bought this last year when I started getting into nudes/neutrals and was pleasantly surprised. I think my application was bad though, because it was still a bit streaky on a few nails after three coats, but it looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! IIRC, you recently featured it in a Jan. nail art post, right? It's so gooooood. Thank you, Ashley :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color, I really love these shades ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.