Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NEW(-ish): Orly Cheeky

I really wasn't planning to pick up any polishes from the Orly Blush spring collection. When I saw the PR images, they looked boring. When I saw the collection in person, they still looked boring. But then they were on sale at Sally's and I had a coupon, so I couldn't not give Cheeky a try.

And yes, it is kind of funny to me that I picked Cheeky, a coral shimmer, instead of Naked Canvas, a nude shimmer. I must have had spring majorly on the brain when I bought this!




Three coats with SV.








Welp, you can see how much I loved this. (I'm coming back for you, Naked Canvas.) It looked amazing and basically is what I wished RBL Coquette would have been like on me. As I remember it, Coquette had this sort of ... muted quality to its base color, which Cheeky does not (yay!). Also, I loooooove the gold shimmer and the fact that this coral has *just* enough orange in it to play well with my skin tone. I think Orly's actual description of Cheeky is "peach shimmer," although to my eye, it's more coral than peach. But no matter.

I'm not sure if it's because I was polishing in a hurry before bed, but Cheeky's formula was a leeeeeeeeeetle fussy. The first time I put this on, I had some streaking and dragging after two coats and needed a third to cover that up, but I think part of that was because I wasn't waiting in between coats the way I usually do (I was polishing before bed). The second time I put this on, I was more careful; I had no streaks and patchiness but Cheeky definitely requires three coats for opacity. I was so in love with the color payoff, I would have used four coats if necessary! Anyway, I wore this for two days with no chips and minimal tip wear. I wasn't thrilled about the tip wear, but after changing my base coat/top coat(s) game, I've noticed that I usually get crazy tip wear on manis right after I've cut and filed my nails, which I did do before applying this polish. So who knows. I'll be wearing Cheeky again this spring, and of course I will report back.

Cheeky (and the rest of the Orly Blush collection) is for sale at Sally's and Ulta right now, though you also can get it online pretty easily. If you love corals, this one is worth closer inspection. I've noticed Orly still has a bit of work to do with their pastel shimmer formulas -- what the heck, it's 2014! -- but again, I enjoyed Cheeky so much that I am happy to make it work.

Have you picked up any of the Orly Blushes, or will you be skipping them? I haven't fallen head over heels for an Orly spring collection since Precious (so, 2011) -- summer and fall collections are what Orly tends to do best, IMO. Howeverrrrrrr, I'm eyeing Intergalactic Space from the recent Galaxy FX collection ... whoa, DO WANT!

Thanks for reading! I'll be back tomorrow with the last Spring 2014 polish of the week -- nay, of the month! March just whizzed by. I can barely believe it.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I love it. :3

      Delete
  2. I didn't think I needed anything from this collection based on the press release, but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lakeisha! BTW, Sally's has a mix and match B2G1 for April! Maybe you can pick it up that way??? ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with this color! It's so pretty and that shimmer is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, meeeeeee tooooooooo. So much love.

      Delete
  4. Oh mah gahd! This is so my kind of color! I've passed this collection by every time I see it, but no more....here I come Ulta! Or Sally's...wherever I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I'm gonna text you but I'm sure you know Sally's is having a mix and match B2G1 in April ... maybe you can get it that way!

      Delete
  5. STAHP, Rach. My list for after my no-buy is growing immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the Verve Pipe, I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.

      ... okay, I can. Maybe a little. Stay strong!!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.