Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rescue Beauty Lounge Footpath

Can we classify the RBL A Poem collection as a spring release? Yes? No? At the very least, we can agree that it's the newest thing from RBL. I don't like RBL as much as I used to and I admit I was not excited about this latest collection, but old habits die hard. I waited for the regular release to get the two most irresistible Poem polishes (I might go back for the others piecemeal, but we'll see). The nail blogger/MUA friends who've known me the longest probably knew I was going to spring for Footpath first (puns!). They were right.

Oh, and fair warning: Because Footpath is such a weird color (in the best possible way), it's going to appear differently on different skin tones. For the most part, here is what it looks like on mine.




Three coats with SV.









As Pam Poovey would say, SPLOOSH.

A common description of this polish is mustard, which may be true, but it's more of a golden "earthened yellow" on me. For every dusty slate blue-grey and pink coral I can't wear, there's a weird warm, golden yellow with my name on it ... and this one is fantastic. Footpath definitely is a color that would prompt my dad to ask, "What color is THAT?" (Answer: AWESOME.)

Its formula was old school RBL -- that is, it had flawless application and coverage. It's opaque in two coats, but I added a third anyway. Dry time was fast with SV. I only wore this for swatch purposes, although I'm sure I would have gotten good wear out of it.

If you're interested in Footpath, it's available for $20 at the RBL site. I realize $20 is a lot to part with for a color that might be iffy on you ... but if you hate your bottle, you can send it to me. ;)

Now if I love the other Poem polish I got, I might have to go back for the other cremes in the collection! IMO, cremes were what RBL did best right before/when the polish scene exploded (so, circa 2009-2010); some of my old favorite RBLs are cremes, so it was nice to see Ji go back to a finish she is really good at. IIRC, she changed labs, so kudos to this new one for giving us something awesomely old school. I haven't really been in love with what the brand has been releasing since GOMM, tbh, so this was a nice change of pace. I also don't need a trailer to announce a new collection -- I understand how they might be of some help, but they still leave me cold. I guess I just believe in letting the product speak for itself. (And now we know why I am reluctant to run my own business ...)

Anyway, weird rant aside, care to share your thoughts on Footpath? RBL cremes? Anyone want to make any guesses what my second pick from A Poem was? Thank you for reading, and I'll be back tomorrow with another something new from Spring 2014. :)

8 comments:

  1. SO good on you!

    I mean, I'm pretty sure I know the answer (the Mosses Mar)...
    I still only have Small, Dim, Summer Stars over here. I'm starting to feel the RBL burnout too, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks bb!

      And shockingly, no ... I do not have that one. (Yet.)

      Delete
  2. This looks great on you! Can't wait to see the other one you chose. The cremes were great in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Lakeisha! BTW, your swatches were 1/2 of my deciding factor. ;) (Scrangie was the other, but isn't she always?)

      Delete
  3. I really don't normally say this, but objectively I find that color totally gross. But on you I actually think it looks good. Work, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! It IS pretty gross. But it's not as gross as I thought it would be, so there's that???

      Delete
  4. your nails are so perfect! but, I just can't get down with that color lol.
    -a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Ange! That's cool ... more for me! :p

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.