Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wet n Wild Mega Last Sea Ya' Soon

You guys, Old Navy has been KILLING IT with their graphic crew sweater game lately. Since November, I've somehow managed to buy five sweaters, including three nautically inspired ones (the In the Navy, Sea Salt, and Navy Rope designs). I'm pretty sure only dogs could have heard the noises I made when I saw that I wasn't allergic to these sweaters. It's a pretty huge deal.

We all know I love a good nautical theme, so you know when I saw this Wet n Wild last October in a limited edition pop-up display at Walgreens, I had to have it.




Three coats with SV.








You would think I'd've learned my lesson about blackened shimmers not working in my favor by now. Nope. Sea Ya' Soon (what the hell is that apostrophe about, anyway?) was a $1.99 lesson. Most of the time, this polish just looked black on me. Only in a few lights would the teal and green shimmer peek out -- very beautiful, but too dark for me, despite what I've been told. A four-year-old complimented me on it, which was kind of funny because my baby-loving friend Madeline chose this polish for me when I could not make a decision re: what to wear.

I actually wore this a few weeks ago, so I don't remember much that stood out to me about the formula and application. It was good! I just hate the WnW Mega Last broom brush sometimes. Other than that, good show. Dry time was fast and I wore this for about three days with no chips and minimal tip wear.

I haven't seen Sea Ya' Soon in stores since last October, so I think it would be safe to categorize it as a limited edition release. I think this bottle is going to live with Madeline, whose pale girl status assures me that Sea Ya' Soon will have a happy home.

Any thoughts on Sea Ya' Soon, your favorite blackened shimmers, or nautically-themed apparel? I'd love to hear from you. It's been a while!

Which brings me to this: I apologize for going one week without posting. This virus really did a number on me! I have been so out of it. All I wanted to do last weekend was sleep and watch "The History Boys" ... so that's what I did. (OH MY GOD, that movie gets me right. in. the. feels. every. time. I'm almost glad I never saw the play -- I would be ruined.) And then I almost blew out my voice having a Robyn singalong all night at the top of my lungs, so that was fun. (But also, as with most things Robyn, totally worth it.) ANYWAY, the good news about all this is that I have a lot to show you to catch up -- we're looking at a post every day next week, and there's a good chance the same thing will happen the week after that.

Anyway, thanks for reading and putting up with me. I'll be back on Friday for Shopping My Stash, so be on the lookout for that post! :)

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!! I missed your posts in my Bloglovin' feed! I just purchased the anchor print sweater from Old Navy and I love it!!
    And that polish!! I love a dark, moody polish like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Ali! You're so sweet. :)

      I'm so glad you love it! Man, I hope their sweater game is just as good next fall.

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I almost fainted when I walked into Old Navy this weekend. I came away with SO much nautical stuff (including the Sea Salt sweater, I already have In The Navy ;) ). The bike printed button up? I DIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. Yeah, I don't know what's going on, but Old Navy is killing it right now (Gap, meh ... except for their jeans). I saw that button up a few weeks ago, and B even said it looked like something I would wear, but it just seemed too ... twee for me.

      Delete
  3. Kind of reminds me of ChG Smoke and Ashes re: largely disappointing and almost invisible shimmer. I still think it looks nice on you. And yeah, I have that sailboat sweater and the coral heart-rope sweater. It's kind of ridiculous how adorable Old Navy stuff is right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blargh, that polish. That still gives me the sads! Thank you, though. :)

      I was thinking about that heart rope sweater -- if I can catch it on sale or clearance, I'll probably end up with it, too!

      Delete
  4. Look, if there is one thing I know, it is what four-year-olds like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I BELIEEEEEEEEEVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU /Hannibal

      But really, you were so right about this one!

      Delete
  5. Nautical makes me happy too! I haven't picked up any from Old Navy though. I've been too busy getting pixie pants. I wish the shimmer was a little more apparent in this shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I saw your post about the pixie pants! They look good on you.

      Yeah, this polish is probably better for our paler friends. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.