Monday, April 21, 2014

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Zoya Kennedy

Did you guys have a good Easter? My aunt and I went out to lunch, then she came over to my place and we watched "Frozen." So it was a good day. (Considering what goes down in that movie, what I'm about to say is going to sound so effed up ... but the more I watch it, the more the king makes me laugh -- the voice actor also voiced more than a few memorable "Futurama" secondary characters and I CANNOT. STOP. VISUALIZING THEM.)

Anyway, Skinny Dipping. True story, Anna and I very nearly forgot this was even happening today. Merp.

My original plan for April was to push Zoya on you in anticipation of the Zoya exchange, which begins today! (See this for more details.) Zoya's put out many wonderful nude polishes over the past few years, and being that I own quite a few, I wasn't sure at first which one I should blog for this Skinny Dipping installment. But I decided to give Kennedy a moment, given my bad luck with shades that begin with the letter K.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.









Well, this is one K shade I'll happily endorse.

Kennedy is rather heavy on the pink tones, isn't it? I wasn't certain if it was going to look good on me; in reality, my skin is a lot more yellow than it appears in these swatches and yet ... I didn't hate it. I don't think I will ever hate a nude as much as I hated what I call The Four Horsemen.* I would say that Kennedy is probably the most pink-tinged nude I will let myself wear -- any more pink, and it will (1) look terrible, to the point where (2) I might as well let myself wear pink. But I really, really liked it a lot. Even better, Kennedy (supposedly) is very close to OPI My Very First Knockwurst, a polish I have been coveting for a while.

I had no problems with formula or application. If memory serves correctly, Steff tried it and was not pleased with her bottle's, but I didn't find mine to be bad at all. I did need three coats for everything to even out; dry time was speedy, as always, with Wicked Fast.

Kennedy was part of the Feel collection that was released either in late 2011 or early 2012 (I don't remember seeing it in person until early 2012). In any case, my guess is that the Feel collection was released after the success of Zoya's Touch collection in the early summer of 2011. I've noticed Zoya tends to put out a nude collection between the holiday collection and the official spring collection, and although I don't recall them doing one for 2013, Cho and Farah DID make it into the official spring collection that year.

I digress. But now you know how much attention I pay to Zoya's nude shades! I have Chantal and Taylor from this year's Naturel collection in my Zoya exchange cart ... I'm not sure what I'll actually pull the trigger on when I do it for real on Thursday night, so we'll see. I have a couple things from last year's summer collection in there, and a couple of PixieDusts I missed. Also, you have no idea how happy it makes me that PixieDust shades are included in the exchange this year! A girl can score only so many on clearance at Ulta. ;)

Any thoughts on Kennedy? Do you like pink-tinged nudes? Most importantly, what's going in your Zoya exchange carts? (I've actually had my reject polishes ready to go for a while -- all I have to do is bubble wrap them after I place my order!) If you gave up buying nail polish for Lent (you go, Ali!), then this exchange is one hell of a way to get back into the game. Oh, and stop by Anna's blog to see what nude polish she has in store for today. For the first time in forever,*** neither of us know what the other is blogging!

Thanks for reading! I hope I can get at least two more posts up this week, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. I feel like I've been a terrible blogger lately. Here's the thing, though. When I got that stomach bug + cold back in March, I powered through it. When I got food poisoning at the beginning of this month, I powered through it. So I guess it makes sense that when spring and the subsequent allergies from hell came knocking, I had nothing left to give. Can you imagine what I'm going to be like if I ever get knocked up? Hooooooooly shit.** Just know that I am feeling like a functional human being again, and that I will do what I can to make sure May isn't entirely dead space. :)



* The Four Horsemen of the Nude Polish-pocalypse: (1) OPI Barefoot in Barcelona, (2) Sally Hansen CSM Malt, (3) Zoya Cho, and (4) FingerPaints Bare No Secrets.
** I am such a dramatic sick person. Every phone call to my boyfriend starts with "I'm dying," or, if I have a cold, "I'B DYIG."
*** "Frozen" reference, BOOYAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.