Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Zoya Neely + FingerPaints Colorful Dream

Happy April! Did you guys say "rabbit, rabbit" this morning? I did, and I'm crossing my fingers that April is sickness-free! March was too full of nastiness. To cap off my sickness-ridden month, I got food poisoning late Sunday night and into the early hours of yesterday morning, which ... ugh.

As a result, the post that I wanted to have up today will not be happening, so I moved a different post up. :) Before I start posting my Zoya Awaken picks, I wanted to show you Neely, from last spring's Lovely collection.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








I was afraid this color was going to be horribly stark and lobstery on me, but it really isn't (Orly Jealous, Much? contains more blue and is not quite as creme as Neely). There's a pinch of yellow in Neely that makes it quite wearable for many skin tones. It is probably the lightest mint/seafoam green color I own; technically, it's been described as a pale spring green.

Neely's formula was pretty awesome, which is a huge deal, considering that it's a pastel. Dry time was quick with Cult Nails Wicked Fast (I finally opened a new bottle, yay!).

I purchased my bottle in last year's Zoya Exchange. Although it's part of the Zoya Lovely collection, Neely initially was part of an LE Peter Som NYFW trio from Fall 2012, which was inspired by "Valley of the Dolls." My friend Janice loves "Valley of the Dolls" and confessed that she wanted Neely mostly so she could quote this immortal phrase:




But then a funny thing happened wherein I DID want Neely to sparkle just a *little*, so I whipped out my bottle of FingerPaints Colorful Dream from the recent FP Kaleidoscope collection. These FingerPaints flakies are far more soft and subtle than the Special Effects flakies from 2012, so if it's a bold effect you're after, the Kaleidoscopes may not be for you. I asked Madeline which Kaleidoscope I should buy if I were to allow myself only one, and she recommended Colorful Dream, since it was supposed to be the most vivid colorful (my bad!). It turned out to be rather subdued, but I was more than okay with it. I had no issues applying Colorful Dream. It looked a bit sparse after one coat, so I added another. Dry time was good with GCS.

Pictured below is two coats of FP Colorful Dream + NYC GCS on top of Neely + Cult Nails Wicked Fast.









Looks pretty good, huh? If you have any layering suggestions for Colorful Dream, I'd love to hear them! Did you pick up any of the Kaleidoscopes, or do you prefer your flakies to be bolder? And if I made you want Neely even the tiniest bit, you can let me know, too. ;) Seriously, though, if you're in the market for a pastel mint green, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for reading! Unless I can find time on Friday afternoon, I'm afraid this is going to be all from me this week! I had planned on one more post, but the whole food poisoning and feeling-like-death situation nixed those plans. Whatever the case, there most certainly WILL be a post next Tuesday (one week from today) that Madeline and I are reallllllly excited for. :D

8 comments:

  1. God Neely is perfect! I've worn this a good 3-4 times since last year. I'm still not sure how I feel about these new FP flakies.

    I hope you have a healthier April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love Neely so much. I can't believe I was iffy about it. ANGIE, WILL I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT BLU?

      I don't think you would like these new FPs, since you're usually all about the bling and flash. :) For people like me who still hold on to the edge of the pool, though, this is a good start.

      I hope April is kinder to you, too! <3

      Delete
  2. I love the addition of the flakies, even though it is subtle. It's a pretty combo. I found a handful of these on clearance at Sally's the other day. I was almost tempted to get them but I wasn't sure if I absolutely needed them. I'm not quite as in love with them as I was with the first collection of flakies they released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Ooh, yeah, if you have the first FP flakies, you probably won't enjoy these half as much. Now I kind of wish I'd pounced on the first ones, too.

      Delete
  3. Lovely color, and the flakes top coat over it is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHEM, I did not say it was the most vibrant, I said it had the most different colors.

    Neely is so good on you. I'm putting that on my Zoya list.

    I'm trying to pull something together for next week, as well. We'll see if it actually happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed. Thanks! I couldn't find your text. I should have just texted you again. Whoops.

      I hope you can! That would be too much win. I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW. :DDDDD

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.