Saturday, April 19, 2014

Zoya Sarah (a.k.a. your "Orphan Black" season 2 reminder post)

Long time, no post. These allergies have had me feeling like shit, you guys. But consider this (very late) post your reminder that the second season of BBC America's "Orphan Black" airs tonight at 9/8c.

I could write a blog post singing the praises of lead actress Tatiana Maslany, but I wouldn't have anything to say that you would not have already heard, sooooooooo ... here are some sad swatches of Zoya Sarah. Much like Sarah Manning, Zoya Sarah is very tricky to capture.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








SO HARD to capture. This looks sorta berry, but I swear to you that Sarah actually is a very rich, lush red. It was part of Zoya's 2010 holiday collection (Fire and Ice), so it truly does have a bit of a cool, sorta velvety holiday red feel. It seems a little rich for this time of year, but it's gorgeous. If Sarah had been a shimmer, it wouldn't be all that unique, so I love that it boasts the foil/glass fleck finish that Zoya does so wonderfully. If Sarah looks a little pink in my photos, it's probably because the camera only would pick up the reflective sparkle.

I had no issues with formula or application. You can get it opaque in two coats; I just added a third because of habit. I have to note that Sarah looks different at two coats from the way it looks at three coats ... if anything, it appears to be a slightly warmer red, but I think I'm just splitting hairs at this point. It dried quickly with Cult Nails Wicked Fast, and I had no chipping or tip wear in the three days I wore this polish. It didn't stain my nails, although the sparkles are a little hard to remove (but nowhere near as hard to remove as some glitterbombs).

If you're interested in Sarah, it usually goes for $9 on the Art of Beauty site. However, the annual Zoya exchange promo starts this week, so you can buy it for half the price, and you can wear it while you're trying to decide which "Orphan Black" clone you are. According to this Zimbio quiz, I'm Sarah ... but Sarah would never wear this polish. Zoya Sarah strikes me as more of a Katja Obinger shade, tbh.

Confession: My favorite clone is Alison for so many reasons I cannot even begin to list here, but especially because I love the way she interacts with my favorite non-clone character, Felix.





Any other #cloneclub members in the house? Who's been your favorite guest star? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Michiel Huisman this season ... I couldn't get into him on "Treme," but on "Nashville"? WHOOBOY. I wanted to climb that like Mount Everest. I'm also looking forward to more Felix, and I hope we can find out more about Mrs. S! Oh, and I wonder if we'll get more of Vic (the dick) and I would realllllllly like it if Art got more screen time. I rewatched Season One recently, and I don't know if it was the cough medicine, but I think Art is an interesting character and he is a good foil for Sarah. Certainly he's a lot more interesting than Paul, even if his character has a completely different function.

Anyway, enjoy tonight's premiere! Oh, and happy Easter, to those of you who celebrate. I hope I can get back on track blogging in the coming weeks -- I wanted to do more, but I simply ran out of steam, as can happen when you're sick. Let's see how it goes.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this show yet, but it is in my Amazon Prime queue!

    I would have been concerned about you if you could get into Michiel Huisman on "Treme" because he was a slimy creep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! WATCH IT.

      Sonny = BAD NEWS BEARS. I'm super excited for double Huisman this spring ("Orphan Black" + "Game of Thrones")!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Cosima. But also Alison, Sarah, and Fee because duh. I can't watch it tonight so I'll have to wait to catch it tomorrow morning (hopefully) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to wait and watch it with B and Sterling Meowmeow ... plus there'll be a new one this weekend, so we can have a marathon! :D

      Delete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous shade!!
    And I just saw the commercial for Orphan Black tonight, can you believe it? I've never even heard of this show. I guess I'll have to track down season 1 to see if i like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Gosia! It's a lot nicer in person! Do you have it?? I bet it would look great on you.

      Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not sure if it's streaming on Netflix, but check to see if it's an OnDemand selection. I know it's on Amazon Instant, if you have Amazon Prime! I think you'd like it. :)

      Delete
  4. UGH IT WAS SO GOOD! It was jarring when the episode was over because I didn't think the whole hour had gone by already! Also, I took that quiz and got Cosima - which is awesome, but let's be real, there's no way I'm that cool :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided whether to wait for my boyfriend to watch it ... but I can't wait! I'm so glad you liked it, though, since we seem to like a lot of the same things. :)

      Haha, Cosima is awesome! Yeah, my boyfriend thought I would get her in the quiz, but nooooooooooope.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristy! I bet you'd take some GORGEOUS photos of it. :)

      Delete
  6. I really like Orphan Black, but didn't watch the opener for season 2 yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught up last weekend. If you haven't caught up yet, it's really good, and you should! :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.