Friday, May 23, 2014

butter LONDON Poole

TGIF! Sorry this post is so late, you guys. But it's a very exciting day -- for one thing, it's the beginning of my four-day weekend! I celebrated by sleeping in, which you probably guessed. Second, tonight is the "Hannibal" season finale. I am so ready for this. I haven't even decided what kind of delicious take out I want to order tonight. (Hannibal would murder me for getting fast food during his show, because how dare I do such a thing. He WOULD.)

Oh, and it's the last day of my butter LONDON week.

A few weeks ago, bL announced a new nail polish trio, the Brilliant Bronze Lacquer set. As it happens, I already own all three colors. Two of the polishes, Marbs and Poole, were part of last year's Summer Holiday collection, so I thought I'd blog Poole today. I'm pretty into it. :)




Three coats with SV.








When I saw the Summer Holiday swatches last summer, Poole didn't seem unique to me. However, when I tried to compare it to the other blue cremes in my stash, I didn't have anything quite like it. I thought it would be close to butter LONDON Artful Dodger, but Poole has more of a dusty, greenish quality that makes it different from other aqua blues. I love it.

Formula and application wise, there was a lot to love, too. It went on easily and dried quickly. I can't wait to turn it into a full NOTD.

As for the name, Poole is a resort town in the south coast of England. HEAVY on the tourism, from what I read. And this color is definitely resort ready. I like the idea of resort vacations more than the anxiety I get over them, so it's no surprise that I was more interested as to whether any notable people were born in that town. Wikipedia tells me spy fiction writer John le Carre was born there, as was film director Edgar Wright, which ... OOOOOOOOOH, GIRL, what is going ON between him and Marvel if he stepped down from the "Ant-Man" movie??! That movie was his baby. I need someone to SPILL. THAT. TEA., you guys.

In case you're wondering, I recommend this bL Brilliant Bronze trio -- only I would either purchase the colors piecemeal during a sale, or I'd wait for the set to be marked down. I still think $39 for three polishes is a bit steep. Better yet, get the Summer Holiday colors! I love the color palette, and I did buy them all piecemeal, so if all of the polishes look good on me, then it might be my favorite bL collection of ALL TIME.

Any thoughts on Poole, resort vacations (I prefer road trips), Edgar Wright dropping out as the "Ant-Man" director, or the "Hannibal" finale? I hope you enjoyed the bL polishes I posted this week -- I know they were pretty tame and they were all pastel cremes, but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants! (Except for Crumpet. I'm not convinced people said they wanted that one.)  Maybe if I do another week of bL, I'll try to make it a little more exciting. Maybe.

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I love this color, but I hate road trips. (I have the world's tiniest bladder and therefore am NOT FUN on a long car ride.) Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, hells yes, we can still be friends. One of my friends is already like this, so I'm used to it. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Do you have this one? You totally need it! :)

      Delete
  3. I have Poole which I haven't tried it yet, Fit Baker and Champers, both of which I love, and I would really love to know how Marbs compares with Zoya's Goldie? I allllllmost got Marbs last time bL had a 50% off sale but I didn't and now I kind of regret it…maybe I'll end up just getting the whole collection too!

    I need to catch up with Hannibal…I'm like three weeks behind, I don't know what's wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marbs and Goldie are compleeeeeeeeeeeeetely different ... Goldie is warmer, I think, and Marbs has more of an opaque, foily finish. Does that help? I'll probably blog Marbs this summer, too, since I can't stay away from anything gold. ;)

      HANNIBAL IS DA BEST. So excited we got a third season!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! It would look great on you, Natalie! :)

      Delete
  5. This is what I wanted American Apparel Barstool to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UO Barstool? And YES!!!! Totally.

      Delete
  6. Poole seriously looks like it was made for you! I too am wondering just what the heck happened with the Ant-Man movie. Someone doesn't just idly decide to walk away from a movie that's been their baby for what, like eight years now? I'm sure I'll wind up seeing the movie because 1) comics and 2) Paul Rudd is fiiinnneee but where is Marvel going to find anyone as passionate about making that movie as Edgar Wright? He seemed like the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Chelsea! Yeah, supposedly they've named Peyton Reed ("Bring It On," "Yes Man," "DOWN WITH LOVE") as the new Ant-Man director. Even if "DWL" was not so great plot-wise, it was pretty interesting visually, so I'm not TOO mad. I just know I wouldn't enjoy "Ant-Man" as much I would if Wright had stayed! (I think the cast feels that way too, tbh.) I can't pretend I'm not going to see it ... you know I'll be there opening weekend with bells on because 1) comics (is Janet going to be in this? How is this going to work? I NEED TO KNOW), 2) Marvel, shut up and take my money, 3) Patrick Wilson!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.