Wednesday, June 25, 2014

JulieG Nails Tahiti (it's a magical place)

Happy hump day, ladies! Okay, so this post was supposed to go up on Friday ... and Monday ... and maybe yesterday ... but shit happens. Also, I didn't think you all would mind too much. (If you *do* mind, let me warn you right now that July posts will be even more sporadic! Eek.)

Sooooooo, here is a green polish because my girl elbee picked that color over yellow in my last post. (Thanks, lady!) This polish was my Mother's Day NOTD. Sometimes when I choose a polish to wear, I have a little bit of an agenda, and that weekend, I had a lot of feelings about upfronts. HELLO, "AGENT CARTER" SERIES PICK-UP. I want it now!!! The one-shot short film was so flawless and I adore both Agent Peggy Carter and Hayley Atwell (except for in the "Brideshead Revisited" 2008 movie, but that movie was a whole lot of U TRIED IT), so I CANNOT. WAIT. for the show.

Oh, and "S.H.I.E.L.D." got renewed. I feel like I should be excited, but I'm more ... aggressively okay with it. Mostly I'm just excited that Ming-na is getting her cred because I've liked her since I was a little kid. I thought I would be more excited about Clark Gregg/Coulson, but IMO, Coulson came off as a whiny manchild for most of the season and ... just ... bleh. But I'll keep watching!, mostly in hopes that B.J. Britt's character will become a permanent fixture. I love him.

My point is this: I've never been to Tahiti -- I'm not sure I'd want to go because it's warm, and I don't like warm places -- so this JulieG polish is the closest I'm going to get.




Three coats with SV.








Pretty, yes? I like. Unique? Probably not. There are quite a few minty/jade green cremes with shimmer floating around right now; Sally Hansen CSM Pique Side and JulieG Shark's Cove come to mind, but their shimmers are different. Tahiti's shimmer is blue, and it seemed kind of faint to me (although to be fair, Alli at The Daily Varnish doesn't think so).

Formula on this one was OK. As a matter of fact, Tahiti was a hell of a lot easier to work with than Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess (a LE polish from 2012), which I purged into my Zoya Exchange box -- that should give you an idea of how horrible that SK was. Compared to other pastel shimmers, Tahiti wasn't the easiest to apply, but maybe I'm just not used to those. I had a few bald spots after two coats, so I went for a third. Dry time was decent with SV, and I had average tip wear after three days.

All in all, not a bad polish, but at this point I honestly can't say I would reach for it again. Let me try my other shimmery jades/mints and I'll get back to you! ;) In case you DO want Tahiti, though, it's part of the JulieG Nails Cruise collection, $3.99 a pop and exclusive to Rite Aid. You also can find the collection on the Jesse's Girl site and if you don't have a swap buddy or a Rite Aid, shipping is free with a purchase over $20. Just sayin'. I didn't pick up any other of the JulieG cruise polishes, but if I can find Rio de Janeiro and Canary Islands on clearance, they will be mine!

What do you think of this polish? Have you ever been to Tahiti? Are you as excited about the "Agent Carter" series pick-up as I am?

Speaking of Agent Carter, I treated my parents and my aunt to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." It was my third time seeing the movie (the second time was in IMAX 3D and it was SO worth it). My aunt had never seen any of the Marvel movies before, but I was happy to find out she enjoyed this one, which I think had a lot to do with forever bae Chris Evans. At the end of the movie, she shook her head, leaned over, and whispered, "He's *too* handsome. He's *too* good-looking." HA! Ain't that the truth.

Thanks for reading this super late-ass post! I'll be back tomorrow with the yellow polish I mentioned earlier, and I think you guys are gonna like it. :)

4 comments:

  1. 1) I just texted Bryant about the Agent Carter pick up in all caps because I didn't know this was happening and I'm really really excited about it.

    2) This polish is gorgeous

    Winter Soldier was just all kinds of excellent. In other parts of the Marvel universe, have you seen Days Of Future Past yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) YAS GIRL. Madeline & I were flipping out, IDK how you missed it! LOL

      2) Thanks! It's fun.

      Yeah, I saw DOFP. It was aggressively fine -- I liked it more than "Last Stand" but I didn't like it as much as I liked "The Wolverine" (and I am so tired of Wolverine in the movies, there are other mutants, GOOD GOD) -- and I thought Evan Peters was a great Quiksilver! Unfortunately, X-Men is totally fucked as a movie franchise, IMO. :(

      Delete
  2. I did not even know there was going to be an Agent Carter series!! If only Chris Evans would guest star on it from time to time but if it's taking place in the 40's, he is still frozen (i think--my marvel is a little rusty).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be of service! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing if they can get TLJones guest star, since they're supposedly delving into the founding of S.H.I.E.L.D. Also totally here for Howard "Do You Fondue" Stark and the other Howling Commandos. :D

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.