Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hello Sunshine

I've proclaimed my love for glass flecks quite often on this blog, so you know I need them in every color, right? This is the summer to do it! Between butter LONDON's Lolly Brights and the FingerPaints Poolside Paradise polishes, I am so. good. this summer. I only have one of the Lolly Brights, but I just picked up all of the Poolside Paradise pretties (2 for $8 plus I had a coupon!, heyoooo). I don't know how this yellow SH CSM glass fleck compares to the yellow FP, but I hadn't seen too many swatches of Hello Sunshine. Basically, you're welcome, Internet.




Three coats with SV.








So far, I'm 2 for 5 among my picks from the limited edition SH CSM Beach Paradise collection. Today, I'm happy to report that SH CSM Hello Sunshine brings me to 3 for 5. NOT TOO SHABBY.

Hello Sunshine is such a happy, bright polish! I love it. (Also, it kind of reminds me of "Hair." I was lucky to see the 2009 revival -- incredible.) The formula was surprisingly great for a yellow glass fleck, super opaque and easy to work with. IMO, you need a minimum of three coats for glass flecks to really sing, as was the case here. Dry time was good. I haven't worn this as a full NOTD yet so I can't speak to wear time, etc., but I'm sure it would perform just fine.

I don't know if you still can find Beach Paradise at CVS, but I did chance upon a few sad bottles at Walmart last weekend. Hello Sunshine is probably my favorite yellow glass fleck right now -- again, I don't know how Hello Sunshine compares to FP Hula Aruba!, but if you have one, you probably won't need both. (I do, apparently.)

What do you think of this polish? Are you excited about all the amazing glass flecks that are out this summer? Anyone else have this CSM, or any other Beach Paradise colors? If I can love Leis-y Days, we are HOME FREE, because I know I'm going to love Blue Crush (metallic blue, duh).

Thanks for reading! I'm hoping to have a post tomorrow, but it all depends on what time I get home from work. Last night, I walked in my door at midnight EXACTLY, so ... yeah. Let's make like Bravo and watch what happens.


P.S. Despite the ruckus over SH XW Pacific Blue, Sally Hansen is still my favorite drugstore brand. Trust me, I get it. Pacific Blue and Wet Cement were the first Sally Hansen colors I drove all over Richmond's West End hunting for, so there's definitely a sentimental attachment. I'm going to miss the OG Pacific Blue, but it's not like I don't have 2 back-up bottles ... or several close dupes from other brands ... At any rate, I don't think irate (and surprisingly, occasionally rude!) comments, tweets, and IG posts to Sally Hansen are going to do anything. Unless SH changes its mind, I think the party's over. On to the after party, Liz Lemon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, this would look like a nightmare on me, but you wear it well. So jealous of your beautiful skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steff! Whatever, you can wear so many vampies and pastels that I have no hope of making look good. It's a trade off. ;)

      Delete
  2. I feel like the Pacific Blue controversy is severely overwrought. I mean, it is a great color, but there are similar colors. And I'm pretty sure no one who is buying out all the stock in their area as backups is going to crack open all the bottles.

    P.S. I still haven't found Summer Lovin.' WTF, WHERE IS IT. I NEED IT FOR GREASE REASONS. GREASONS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO GREASONS

      Next week I will send you your bottle! Promise! <3

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.