Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Summerlime

Despite the hundreds of polishes in my stash, I've been loving the same four color families so far this season: metallics (duh), whites, pinks, and greens. If you've noticed this is the third green polish I've blogged in a row and you're over it, consider yourself lucky because this would have turned into an ENTIRE WEEK of green if I'd had more time on Monday.

Last week I needed to do my nails again and could not make a decision (what. a. surprise.), so I had Madeline pick a polish via text. As always, she obliged me, picking this Sally Hansen. By the way, Summerlime is from the same collection as Summer Lovin' -- Summerlime is actually a lot easier for me to find because it's so different (read: not pink) that I think ladies in central & SW Virginia must be afraid of it. I don't know why they would be. I love this. In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and declare that this must have been MADE FOR ME.

Word of warning: This green looks different on everyone's devices and monitors ... and then there's the shimmer, so take heed.




Three coats with NYC Grand Central Station.








Bonus points because it really does resemble the outer peel of a lime. Amazeballs. I don't know the difference between spring green and grass green -- I get so overwhelmed by all the variations! -- but I think if you have some yellow/olive in your complexion, this should be good on you. Initially, I was worried this might be too blue, but it's not.

This is opaque in two coats, SUPER easy to work with, and dries fast. Basically, the only way I would love this polish even more is if the shimmer were more prominent. I wouldn't say it dies on the nail, but it doesn't exactly make a statement in dim or natural light, where it appears a little silver. In bright artificial light, it looks a little gold. Either way, I got lime peel out of it. I'm satisfied.

Summerlime is part of the limited edition Beach Paradise collection. I've only seen this collection at select CVS locations, generally the ones in the swanky sections of town. (If you're in the West End of Richmond, I've seen it at the CVS stores in Willow Lawn and Innsbrook at Cox & Broad. HTH! All my Beach Paradise CSMs actually came from the Willow Lawn store.)

Sure, the shimmer isn't immediately apparent, but I still love Summerlime for what it is (and it looks great on me). What do you think? Will you run out and scoop this one up, or will you pass? Also, what the hell is the deal with the Copper polish that's supposed to be part of this collection? ALU blogged it, but there never was a spot for it in the displays I saw. Have you guys seen Copper? I would have bought it if I'd seen it. I can't turn down a metallic, especially a LE SH CSM.

All in all, I'm happy that 2 out of my 5 SH Beach Paradise polishes were huge wins -- which should I pull out next, Leis-y Days or Hello Sunshine? I'm leaning toward the latter because I haven't seen anyone swatch it, but someone please tell me. Decision making is not my forte. (Thank you, Madeline.)

Thanks for reading! I'll see you on Friday for a Shopping My Stash post with Steff. :)

10 comments:

  1. GURL.

    That color is fabulous on you!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leis-y Days, duh. That's a great/horrible pun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OPI levels of great/horrible.

      Delete
  3. This is a gorgeous green! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa!

      P.S. I see you posted OPI A Grape Fit a while back -- I didn't comment, but it looks great on you! It's one of my favorite OPIs and purples. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh is Hello Sunshine a yellow? That's my vote!

    This looks so pretty on you! Ugh I love yellow-leaning greens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I just discovered some of these at Wal-Mart, so you might get lucky, too!

      I'm posting Hello Sunshine on Thursday. Get excited. :D

      Delete
  5. This is awesomeness in a bottle. That shimmer is just mmph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! Hope you can get your hands on it when you're stateside!!!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.