Wednesday, July 2, 2014

NEW: L'Oréal Acid Watermelon (also, Pink Wednesday!)

When I saw Nouveau Cheap's post on the L'Oréal LE Summer 2014 neons, I knew I needed them. Although they don't resemble true flashy neons (i.e., OPI's neons this year), I had to have them: I am a sucker for bright, punchy cremes, and after loving the two L'Oréal polishes I wore this year, it only made sense for me to expand my collection. ;)

I scooped up four of these L'Oréals at Bed Bath & Beyond almost a week ago (yo, L'Oréal polish is $1 cheaper at BBB than at Walgreens, where I first spotted this collection). I was drawn immediately to Acid Watermelon's neon pastel quality and HAD TO try it out first.

Ugh, so good.




Three coats with SV.








Droooooooooool. This looks like a mix between Zoya Shelby and China Glaze Bottoms Up -- so, cool toned, and just freaking perfect for me. I am DIPPY IN LOVE with Acid Watermelon (which totally sounds like a Jolly Rancher flavor, btw).

The formula was not as great as I expected it would be, but it wasn't terrible to apply. I *think* it was opaque at two coats, but three coats covered up any weird patches I had. Dry time was so fast with SV! I only swatched this and have not yet trotted it out as a full NOTD, but you know it'll happen this summer. :)

I did some Googling, and it looks like this polish was released last year in Europe as part of some gel-based Colour Riche line over there. The bottle looks completely different, too! It's slim and round, sort of like a Pixi polish bottle (you know, from Target?), not like our square Colour Riche bottles here in the U.S. Whatever the deal is, I'm just glad we get to have this polish across the pond, because it's great. If you like neon pastels and pinks, I highly recommend this one. I've only seen it at Walgreens or at BBBeyonds with a Harmon, but who knows, it might be popping up elsewhere soon.

Acid Watermelon: COMPLETE AND TOTAL WIN. I'm curious to know what you all think! Obviously, I love it -- one down, three to go! (If I run across the orange and the purple, they are SO mine.) I'm not sure which polish to try next, Punchy Lychee or Banana Pop. If these other colors are as good as Acid Watermelon, then I don't even know, you guys. This was ~$20-ish well spent.

Thanks for reading! I'm not sure if I'll have a post up in time on Friday (Fridays tend to be particularly problematic blogging days for me), but if I'm not back, I hope all my American readers have a safe and fun Fourth of July!

8 comments:

  1. I feel like everyone is talking about this gem, but I haven't been able to find it in my area. So jealous! This is, for sure, on my list. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty darn HTF, so don't feel bad! I had to go out of my way to find it. Hope you've had some luck in the past few weeks!

      Delete
  2. This is sooo pretty! I'm really loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! If you love pink, you so need this one.

      Delete
  3. Acid Watermelon is the perfect name for this. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I love it so much.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.