Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas in July: Smitten Polish A Wedding Dress That Isn't Bright Turquoise

Holy technical difficulties yesterday, Batman! Again, another late post ... but well worth it, I think.

Anyway, Christmas in July. I enjoy it, but not to the point where I'll start blasting holiday music or shopping for gifts (although that might help me get ahead this year). Nope, I like it enough to wear a holiday-inspired polish, which today comes in the form of Smitten Polish A Wedding Dress That Isn't Bright Turquoise (from this point on in the post, I'll refer to it as Wedding Dress).

Y'all, I know I'm biased because I've known creator Noelie from our MUA nb days, but THIS POLISH. LOOOOOOVE.




I think this might be five coats with SV. I got really zealous because my nails are long this week and the VNL is out of control.








So turquoise. Much pretty. Wow.

But seriously, I love this. The turquoise jelly base is super squishy, so the color shift in the shimmer is beyond bonkers. You can see reddish gold shimmer in these pictures, but it also gets quite green (Lavish Layerings has some fantastic photos of the green shift). The effect is so, so stunning! I've also heard that you can layer this polish over something with a turquoise or green base, but I was curious to see how it would be on its own.

Which leads me to this: You could get a decent manicure with 3-4 coats of Wedding Dress on its own. But as I said above, my nails have been long this week (didn't cut them) and I wanted to make sure the VNL was covered completely because you know how cameras do -- they really pick up the VNL sometimes. I just wanted to be sure. Dry time was super fast with SV. I've been wearing this for 3 days with no chips and no tip wear, and it still looks perfect!

This Smitten was part of last year's "Love, Actually"-themed holiday collection. I know there's a Smitten restock today at 2 p.m. CENTRAL TIME, but I don't know if Wedding Dress will be included in this one. I forgot to ask Noelie, derp. What I DO know is that there are some issues with pigment supply availability, so basically, BUY THIS WHILE YOU CAN. I checked out the following stores where Wedding Dress still is in stock: Edgy Polish, Femme Fatale, and Hypnotic Polish. Again, I don't know if Wedding Dress will be included in today's restock, but make sure you check out the Smitten Polish store and Facebook page for more details on future restocks, okay? This is a polish you reaaaaaaaaaaally do not want to miss!, and that makes my bottle all the more special. :)

Are you loving Wedding Dress as much as I am? If you do love it and you don't have it, you need it! GET IT GET IT GET IT. What are your feelings about "Love, Actually"? I don't like the movie nearly as much as I did when I was 17, but it has its moments (two words: COLIN FIRTH). The name of this polish comes from the subplot with Keira Knightley's character. This particular subplot was one I never liked because I always thought it was kind of creepy, but I'll save that rant for another day. Lastly, have you started seeing Christmas items on sale yet? I usually see them at Costco as July sets in, but they really go balls out in August. Not here for that. TOO EARLY, YO.

Thanks for reading! Have a good weekend, and I'll be back on Monday with a red. It's been a couple months since I blogged a red, but there's never a bad time for red polish, right?


P.S. This is the last weekend I'm going to plug my 3rd blogaversary giveaway! If you haven't entered, or know someone who should enter and hasn't, now is the time to get on it. I'm giving away some cool prizes to two lucky international and U.S.-based readers, so don't miss out!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is seriously pretty. I might actually have to track this one down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leissa -- this you? Yes, track it down! It was in stock yesterday at the Smitten shop when I checked. :)

      Delete
    2. It is me! I resisted joining GFC for so long because I'd heard it was going away. Plus I have your blog bookmarked so I just mosey on over whenever. But I entered your giveaway, and it was a requirement, so, ta da! On the plus side, now I can comment. Haha, beware! ;)

      Delete
    3. Aww, thanks! Looking forward to more comments from you. :) And yeah, not sure what GFC's current status is, but unfortunately it's the only way for me to verify followers -- Bloglovin', etc. don't list them past a certain number.

      Delete
  2. I bought this - and others! - just now. Look at the effect you have on me! Noelie rocks! I haven't been on NB in ... a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSSSSSSSSSSS -- I mean, I'm sorry? (You're welcome!) I love this one, so I can only imagine how much I'm gonna love You Saucy Minx. I haven't been on NB in forever. I lurk sometimes, though. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.