Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Zoya Rikki

Sorry for the late post. I have been pretty congested the past couple of days, and the humidity ain't helping, especially when I sleep. It's easy to go to sleep for once, but with the congestion, it's just as annoying as you think it might be.

ANYWAY.

Strangely, I've been blogging mostly newly-released polishes this summer. However, that doesn't mean I haven't been reaching for some goodies from Summer 2013.

Today, I've got a super underrated polish from Zoya's Irresistible collection. Last year, I went gaga for Amy, and although I didn't get a chance to blog Kerry, it was one of my favorite 2013 releases. Most of my blogger friends have been losing it over Hazel, but that one didn't really appeal to me. Rikki, though? Oh, man. I don't remember when it happened, but one day I walked into Ulta and decided I was going to have to acquire it at some point. Once this year's Zoya exchange rolled around, acquire it I DID.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








Man, I love this polish. I have no clue why I was so drawn to it last year, because it's not particularly obnoxious or different. Like, a green foil, whoopty shit, right? First of all, I love foils because they're not super high maintenance when you need to go to bed fifteen minutes after you put them on, and they usually look really good and dry fast. Second, this green is not heavy on silver shimmer, otherwise it would make me look like a ghostie. Instead, the shimmer is infused with gold, and that helps the green base warm up. Naturally, I LOVE the way this looks on me so much.

I had no issues with formula, application, or dry time. As with most foils, you're gonna wanna give each coat maybe an extra minute to dry so it doesn't pool and so your application will be nice and even. I'm pretty sure this was opaque in two coats, btw, but you know me and my three-coat compulsion. I wore this for a weekend back in June, and this looked good after two days. (Oddly, I remember more details when a polish wears badly. Anyone else?)

Again, Rikki is from last summer's Zoya Irresistible collection. You can find it online at various retailers, try beauty supplies, or cave in at Ulta, where it's $9. Your best bet would be add this to your cart during the next Zoya promotion. I knew the "threedom" deal just happened, but with fall collections coming, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw out one more.

Thanks for reading! I am doing my darnedest to have a post for Friday. We'll see how that goes, though. Fridays are the best, unless you are me and it's blog o'clock, and then they're the woooooooooooorst [/Jean-Ralphio Saperstein]. Thanks for putting up with me, though. It's really appreciated, especially during these next few weeks.


P.S. I'm giving some good stuff away for my third blogaversary. To quote Selena Gomez, come and get it.
P.P.S. Yes, I went there. (Thanks, ONTD, for being the reason I know that SG exists.) But also, this just reminded me I have an untried NOPI Selena Gomez ... should I blog it?

4 comments:

  1. How do you get such clean lines around your cuticles with such a glass-flecky polish!? Whenever I wear one it's like a sparkle explosion on my skin. Shit lasts for days. Also: gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, can you see my index finger? Sparkle explosion, right there. But this was actually quite easy to control, compared to a lot of other polishes -- foils are awesome like that!

      Delete
  2. Love this on you...must pull it out of my untrieds soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! Yes, I hope you love it!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.