Friday, October 31, 2014

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Deborah Lippmann Sookie Sookie "True Blood" set (Human Nature & Fairydust)

Happy Halloween, ladies.

Sorry this post is so late! The only time-sensitive things in my life this month were related to work, bills, and my car inspection. Oh, and my parents. I just came back from dropping them off at the airport ... everything is batshit crazy right now. :/

Anyway, I wanted to blog something Halloween-ish today, but since I didn't have the time, this LE Deborah Lippmann duo based on HBO's "True Blood" will have to do. There were two sets released in 2012, one based on Sookie and the other on Jessica. The Sookie colors really intrigued me, so I finally pulled the trigger on the duo this spring.

Let's start with the nude color, called Human Nature.




Three coats with SV. Sorry my SV was starting to shrink ...








I'm sure this polish has a dupe somewhere, but it IS lovely. I would never kick a Lippmann out of my stash unless the color was horrendous on me or the formula was weird ... as you can see, I did not have those issues here.

And here's Fairydust, the milky iridescent shade. It's meant to go on as a topper but is opaque at three coats. I think I added four because I wasn't paying attention. :/ Anyway, it's gooooooooooorgeous. I don't have DL La Vie en Rose to compare, but I think both shades are different enough to merit owning both.









Now here's what you've actually been waiting for: Human Nature topped with Fairydust! It does not disappoint. Pictured is 3 coats of Human Nature and 1 coat of Fairydust.









There were no leveling issues, and the formula on both polishes was great. Fairydust does dry a lot faster than you think it would, which I'm attributing to the awesomeness of Deborah Lippmann's polishes. Less than ten minutes after I applied SV, however, I got cocky and decided to sort the recycling, which led to a huge dent in one nail (noooooooooooo). I didn't wear this as a full NOTD because I actually have had naked nails for more than a week. I feel like I'm going to want to do what I usually do with my HTFs and "save" these polishes -- not that this was super HTF or anything, but Fairydust is INSANELY beautiful. I can't even handle it. Must preserve the precious!

I am a bad blogger right now and am not Googling where you can buy it, but I know I got mine with a discount from a beauty.com sale this past spring. Totally worth it.

Any thoughts on this duo or the Jessica one, you guys? I really used to love "True Blood," but I fell off the wagon after Season 3 and I moved away from Richmond. My sister recently watched a shload of it on Netflix, though, and her reaction was, "WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS WHEN IT WAS ON?" Haaaaaaaaaaaa. I also have almost all the books ... while I am a book snob, these books are fun and they helped get me through a really bad time, so I feel obliged to keep them.

Sorry for the rushed post, but I have to be out the door in an hour. This month (or week, really) whizzed by and I didn't get the time to post, reply to comments, or leave comments on other people's blogs. :( I've been SUPER busy! I'm hoping November will calm down.

In the meantime, though, at least vampires and fairies are sort of appropriate for Halloween. I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend! I don't have a costume (I haven't had a costume since high school), but I do have fun plans with B tomorrow night, and tonight I'm going to my friend Krysi's house for dinner and Halloween movies. I'm really bummed that I didn't get a chance to share my favorite Halloween movie with you this year, but there's always next year, right?

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check out Anna's post -- she posted earlier this week. We'll be back for another Skinny Dipping installment next month, which will be my final installment for 2014 ... I'll try to make it as good as this one, but this Lippmann duo might end up being harder to top than I thought!

Finally,




I MISS YOU, "PSYCH."

Talk to you guys in November!

4 comments:

  1. I've been lusting after this duo for a million years, but haven't pulled the trigger... I think I'm gonna have to now!! It looks amazing on you!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! Beauty.com is having a 20% off sale right now! GO GO GO! (P.S. I got your blog sale package on Thursday, but haven't opened it yet.)

      Delete
  2. Fairydust is AMAZING. Want, want, want. *goes off to google where to buy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Jess! Beauty.com is 20% off right now!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.