Friday, August 14, 2015

China Glaze Daisy Know My Name?

Happy Friday! Posting late because I had the worst headache the night I was working on this post, and then Comcast derped on me as I was going through pictures. Not ideal. But here, you can read something while you're waiting on dinner or stuck in traffic or whatever you're up to tonight. I don't know your life.

Anyway, I was really surprised with how much I loved China Glaze Daisy Know My Name?, which I think might be new favorite yellow jelly. I classify it as a jelly because it applied wayyyyy too much like one.

Also surprising? Getting decent photos out of my extremely busted, obsolete Droid Incredible phone camera and not having to retouch them.




Four coats + SV. If I had been good and waited between coats, I wouldn't have had the dreaded cuticle drag that I did. Take it from me, you might have to baby this polish juuuuuust a little, but oh my god, it is so worth it.








As part of this summer's ChG Electric Nights collection, Daisy Know My Name? is the perfect hybrid of neon and bright. It has many characteristics of the typical neon, but it lacks the sear that true neons possess (think ChG Celtic Sun, ChG Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, ChG Sun Kissed). But it does go on like a jelly and dries semi-matte, like some of the squishier bright jellies of the past (anyone remember Milani Rad Purple? THIS). So understably, it'll look more neon in some lights and more like a nice lemon yellow in others. Which, okay. It's nice to not wear a sunny egg yolk yellow every once in a while.

However, it's the formula that knocks DKMN out of the park for me. Obviously I thought it was pretty nice and I know I just said it wasn't the easiest to work with, but I've been through soooooo much worse with yellows. Don't be fooled into thinking "oh, it dries semi-matte so I have to move it around FAST." No, you don't. Take your time with this one -- the color payoff is just incredible. Because of the cuticle drag, I wouldn't recommend loading up your brush as you apply. Since I waited in between coats, my dry time was really quick. I wish I remembered how long I wore it -- somewhere between 3 to 5 days? -- but I know I took it off because it was cracking at the sides.

If you're on the hunt for DKMN, I've seen it at Ulta in the Electric Nights display and in the clearance section at Sally's (apparently the Electric Nights polishes did really well during the most recent red tag sale). It's also really easy to hunt down online. I bought this bottle during the last mix & match B2G1 sale at Sally's, so it was easy for me to knock out what I wanted from Electric Nights and Orly Adrenaline Rush, especially with my coupon. (OH MY GOD, Adrenaline Rush! *emoji heart eyes*)

Would I recommend Daisy Know My Name? Yes, but only if you're as freakishly patient as I am. (Like, I'm not working right now. I DO have all day!) Yes, if you have worked with some truly god-awful yellow polishes in the past and you need something better. For the record, I loved Orly Key Lime Twist (which is neon AF), but its formula was nowhere near as good as this one's, just sayin'.

For those of you who DO have this polish, would you agree or disagree with my assessment? For those of you who don't have this polish, is it something you'd be interested in getting? Did you guys have any favorites from ChG Electric Nights or any of the past ChG summer collections? Save for Summer 2014, China Glaze has been serving up some of the best summer collections since 2009. Heck, I'm still working my way through my Sunsational neon pastels from Summer 2013 ... I just took That's Shore Bright off my toes, and it is too gorgeous.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a good weekend. I'll be back next week with a polish I wore more recently ... if you follow me on Instagram, then you've seen it. I LOVED IT.

4 comments:

  1. While I see why you like this (so shiny! so squishy! so bright!), a colour has to be reeeeeeallly special for me to put up with more than three coats. So no, I wouldn't buy this, but it does look pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIRC, you're not a big yellow person, so ... more for me. :D I will say, though, that this is NOT a polish you're gonna want to put on before bed!

      Delete
  2. I have this one too and I gotta say, it's not too bad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.