Friday, July 29, 2016

OPI ... Eurso Euro

NEGL, part of the reason blues like this don't make appearances on this blog too often is because they are not fun to photograph. And when I do make an attempt, they all kind of look the same. But after considering I might not be posting after next summer, I'm just like





--Well, that, and you've seen OPI ... Eurso Euro a few billion times since its release three years ago. (You probably even own it.) THREE. YEARS. AGO., a.k.a. "long enough for it to be included in core displays and phased out of core displays." I actually didn't buy it until last summer during a major Sally's clearance raid!

But I was in the mood for something cobalt-ish recently, and I didn't have to go digging around for this one, so on my nails it went.




Three coats with SV.
















#sorrynotsorry for all the pics. I was just super into it after wearing summery brights. I also need to add that my fingers are not this red IRL, so Eurso Euro is way more flattering than it looks. But the color is freakin' hot! It's closer to a navy or midnight blue than other cobalt polishes are, I think, but not so dark that it'll come off as black or remotely vampy on the nail. It's not as bright or as indigo as something like Revlon Top Speed Royal or RBL All About Yves -- but I think part of the reason a lot of us skipped EE or weren't in a rush to buy it was because it wasn't something especially new ... which more or less sums up my thoughts vis-à-vis the OPI Euro Centrale collection.

That's why I was really pleased with the formula. SO buttery, creme perfection, etc. It's too much of an opaque creme for me to try calling it a jelly-creme. ;) It's really easy to work with, just as long as you don't load up your brush because you will get flooding and then your clean-up will be awful. (Also awful = the blue smell -- it's no SH XW Pacific Blue, but it's there, all right.) Eurso Euro is opaque in two coats, but I used three out of habit. Dry time was good with SV, and the wear was pretty good -- minimal tip wear and three tiny chips after 6 days! -- but oh my god, the SV scuffs were terrible, even with a brand-new bottle. Aggravatingly enough, SV scuffs are far more noticeable over dark cremes. Such is life.

Eurso Euro might not be in the core OPI displays at Sally's or Ulta these days, but it's not hard to find, especially online (check a destash and you might save more!). Like many other polish lovers, I think OPI Euro Centrale was a good collection if you were looking to build up or fill gaps, but easily passable for steady, longtime collectors. With the exception of You're Such a Budapest, I scored 4 other Euro Centrale polishes on MAJOR clearance and received another one from a nail polish fairy ... so ... yeah. IDK. Over the years, I've noticed that OPI Spring doesn't do as much for me as Fall and Holiday, so there's that as well.

Anyway. Eurso Euro turned out to be a good polish to wear to see le meilleur travesti executif, because I went to see Eddie Izzard's "Force Majeure" show at the beginning of last week! He's currently wrapping up a primarily East Coast + Mid-Atlantic summer mini-tour, and I made a last-minute decision to go after discovering some available seats (I'd been checking twice a week after general sales juuuuuuust in the off chance). Granted, I was up in the first row of the nosebleeds, so it was a little hard to hear him at points -- but overall completely worth it to me.






OK so the interior is lovely, why have I only been here once before???

IDK why I was trying to be so stealthy about this when some people were low-key catching Pokémon right and left, including the guy next to me, hahaha

He also did a quick Q&A after the set. Why oh why did I not ask him about his favorite cosmetic products? >__<


My verdict re: "Force Majeure" is that it's no "Dress to Kill," but a good time nonetheless. During the intermission, I heard a guy behind me tell his friends that he didn't like hearing Eddie making fun of religion, which was a little "lol wut" since that's only a teeny tiny, significant part of his repertoire ...

Anyway, I will leave you now with a Youtube clip of the most randomly entertaining "Force Majeure" bit. 




Thanks for coming by this month! I know things have been quiet around here but I'm doing what I can. Incidentally, I gotta get back to my GRE review book. I hope to post something in between study breaks. :)


P.S. Looks like IG hashtags are (mostly) working again! New dilemma, though: I'm toying with the idea of locking down my IG account to private because I am irrationally terrified of more successful and/or annoying people I know IRL finding it and going "what the shit, Rachel." I'm going to sound defensive no matter how I slice it, but ... like, sorry I don't have a sexy Instagram adult hobby like endurance running, hot yoga, cooking, etc. I've always been this way about the mundane things that bring me joy (this has been going on since childhood), but that's a conversation best saved for close friends and possibly a future therapist. ANYWAY. What nail enthusiast hasn't had these thoughts once or twice, amirite?




Oh well. Gonna get my Frank Reynolds on. Go for it!

4 comments:

  1. Um, why won't you be posting after next summer? What did I miss?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, KD! You didn't miss anything -- it's just that I'm currently attempting to get everything in order to apply to grad school beginning in Fall 2017. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the color in the bottle, but on the nail, I'm kind of just "whelmed". Loved the Eddie clip! I actually laughed out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More for me, then! I imagine this probably makes a good base for glitters and flake toppers, but I have yet to test that theory. ;)

      I loved that bit. Such a ludicrous concept, but it would delight me to no end if that actually happened -- you bet your butt I would watch dressage if competitive burglary was part of the event!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.